Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace ...

Actually you can't build a house for $250000 closer to $300000 yes for a small 2 bed plus land on top. My house built by me so no labour costs except for sub trades, plumber etc 142m2 inc double garage just on $300000 without the land as we already owned it. Your in lala land Roscoe

Default Re: The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace ...

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Actually you can't build a house for $250000 closer to $300000 yes for a small 2 bed plus land on top. My house built by me so no labour costs except for sub trades, plumber etc 142m2 inc double garage just on $300000 without the land as we already owned it. Your in lala land Roscoe
    You was robbed.

Here's how to do it. Yes I believe they are, or are going to export to NZ.

HERE and HERE
    Last edited by B.M.; 27-01-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    You're getting off the topic. It's not about how much you can build a house for but "The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace" and the inordinate amount of taxpayer money promoting that cause. Perhaps you need to read the post.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Why learn any other language? English is spoken all over the world, it's become the de facto universal language.

And why do you care? You're not in school learning anything, the kids are.
    My granddaughter doesn't care much either way. She doesn't hate the classes, nor is she interested in pursuing either language further.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    You're getting off the topic. It's not about how much you can build a house for but "The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace" and the inordinate amount of taxpayer money promoting that cause. Perhaps you need to read the post.
    Ah but you did mention building houses at a certain cost point I simply said not at the moment you can't at that price.

I have been saying for a long while we need to build houses in factories like the rest of the world, I don't have the capital to set something up like this though or the will to battle the entrenched red tape.

Oh and I had read every post up to my post.

Here:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12302136

As it says, it's not the cost of the houses, it's the land price.
    Ex-pctek

These type of discussions are allmost allways started from an anti Maori point of veiw .
    Wheres the same jumping up & down over French, Chinese , Japanese etc being a compulsory subject at some High Schools

There no harm in teaching Maori to primary school kids . Thats the age where they wont resent it & will learn. Only to forget it later though .
    But, why bother. Even Maori themselves cant be bothered trying to learn there own language (just a few % exceptions), so why force it .

If MOST Maori cant be bothered, then its pretty much a dead language. A relic of the past .
    When a 2nd language was forced on us when I was at Intermediate and High School , it was literally a complete waste of time & effort .
    Apart from a few, most students gave zero effort . From a year of Forced 2nd language, I learnt & retained 2 words. Previous to that with a different forced language , I learnt and retained 1 word .

If people arnt interested, its a lost cause.
    And yes, all those millions will of course be wasted .

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Here:
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12302136

As it says, it's not the cost of the houses, it's the land price.
    That is because a lot of the sections are the old 1/4 acre in a prime position with a 1950’s/1960’s house sitting on it which are now sub-dividable.

HERE’s a story of a 200sqm house sitting on a 226sqm section, so if you’ve got an old house sitting on a 1/4 acre section then the land is bound to be worth more than the house.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    ...so if you’ve got an old house sitting on a 1/4 acre section then the land is bound to be worth more than the house.
    thats me. Generic , small 1960's house on 1/4 acre section that could easily fit another large house.
    House is worth beggar all, last Gov Valuation (RV) was $1Mil .

I call it my retirement fund :-)

When we left Nelson 2.5 years ago the average section in a subdivision was going for over $320k for a 700m2 section, by the time you have built your 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 lounge and double garage that is stipulated in the covenants as being a minimum well you do the maths.

Nelson prices have gone through the roof as all those Aucklanders who can't afford the prices there are renting and buying in Nelson so they can retire out of Auckland.

Same thing is happening here to a lesser degree but Hanmer prices are getting crazy high too for what we paid for our 10 acres and then the cost of building our 2 bed home if we sold up we couldn't afford anything in the village here. Even crappy old run down places are asking and getting $650k +