Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Default Hi-Suite - showing against CD Drive - but I do not have an optical drive?

To clarify, somewhat, I did use an external drive, briefly, to instal Hi-Suite, which is the Huawei program for moving photos and other data
    between Huawei cellphone and our desktop. The CD Drive is no longer connected, plus, as I say this was a brief interlude to put the program onto the
    desktop. Being of sometimes (but not always) of an impatient nature, I decided that Hi-Suite did not gel with me, mainly because of the
    ever-present need to give an eight-digit code everytime I want to transfer photos from my cell to the desktop.

I did attempt to uninstall, but some remains, impervious to my limited knowledge. The Hi-Suite remains on "MY PC", showing as on my
    H drive (CD Drive, which is not there). I cannot uninstall Hi-Suite from my PC (desktop). Even forcefully hitting my hardware desktop does nothing!

As a last resort, I have tried installing TunesBro Android Manager, which is ALSO for Android, but this has not worked. It may be a conflict with Hi-Suite -
    but I don't think so. TunesBro guided me through becoming a "developer", which miraculously I attained. However, some glitches remain.

Help please!!
    Affinity Photo 1.7.3 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    Sumatra for PDF
    Speccy
    AZZ Cardfile

Default Re: Hi-Suite - showing against CD Drive - but I do not have an optical drive?

Where the Drive is showing, can you right click it, and if you can see if eject or Unmount is there.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Default Re: Hi-Suite - showing against CD Drive - but I do not have an optical drive?

Hi wainui, 'eject' is there - which I have just done - however, am guessing that this only happens for this session?
    Affinity Photo 1.7.3 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    Sumatra for PDF
    Speccy
    AZZ Cardfile

Dunno Misty.

Some of the software may have created a Virtual Drive, which by default will stay put .

Have a read of how to remove them ( under Uninstalling Virtual Drives) .how-to-delete-virtual-drives-after-software-uninstallation/
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

No doubt it installed some crap in Windows registry and system folders or profile folders that says its still there.
    Find them and delete them.
    Ex-pctek