Thread: My HP _A10

Smile My HP _A10

Ho guys.
    My poor old lappy signed out so I gotta 6 month old HP_ A10 with a SSD hard drive.
    Every now & then If I have to do a restart I get a bland screen and get 3 loud beeps followed by another 3 loud beeps of different tone.
    Any idea what this might be?
    I had a thought, maybe bios but my computer guys things maybe loose Ram chip.
    And advice be appreciated.
    Ian

Default Re: My HP _A10

Could be memory - Assuming its got AMI BIOS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beeps.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	10153
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Question Re: My HP _A10

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Could be memory - Assuming its got AMI BIOS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beeps.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	10153
    Dont know what sort of bios it has, sorry.

As quoted from another site:
    Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the BIOS was restored.
    You may need to remove the memory and re-seat it. It may have shifted somehow or gotten dust /dirt in the contacts.

Then again it could be graphic Related as described HP-Omen-beep-code-3-long-3-short/td-p/7141952

Category: Hardware, 3 long beeps, 3 short beeps. The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization. Indicates potential graphics chip failure.
    "IF" its graphics ( as in failed /Failing) unless its under warranty its really a New laptop time as failed graphic chips cant really be replaced ( not easily anyway - they are not plug in, they are attached to the motherboard)

This may sound silly but its a serious question: Is the Capslock Button have a flashing LED when this happens ?
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Smile Re: My HP _A10

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    As quoted from another site:

You may need to remove the memory and re-seat it. It may have shifted somehow or gotten dust /dirt in the contacts.

Then again it could be graphic Related as described HP-Omen-beep-code-3-long-3-short/td-p/7141952

"IF" its graphics ( as in failed /Failing) unless its under warranty its really a New laptop time as failed graphic chips cant really be replaced ( not easily anyway - they are not plug in, they are attached to the motherboard)

This may sound silly but its a serious question: Is the Capslock Button have a flashing LED when this happens ?
    Thanks for the info.
    The 3 beeps are the same length jut 2 different frequencies.
    I have a Microsoft wires key board & mouse & key board dont have no lights, as far as I'm aware...

Quote Originally Posted by ianhnz View Post
    Ho guys.
    6 month old HP_ A10 with a SSD hard drive.
    warranty.
    Use your phone & Take a vid of that happening
    Then Ring HP. Or take it back to where you bought it from . Beeps are a hardware issue . get it 100% fixed now, rahter than have it happen again 6 months after warranty expires

Dont open it up if its under warranty , at least dont tell HP you have .

Thumbs down Re: My HP _A10

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    warranty.
    Use your phone & Take a vid of that happening
    Then Ring HP. Or take it back to where you bought it from . Beeps are a hardware issue . get it 100% fixed now, rahter than have it happen again 6 months after warranty expires

Dont open it up if its under warranty , at least dont tell HP you have .
    Annoying thing is, last time it happened I talked to the the company I bought it off.
    He thought might be loose ram chip, 8 GB's and call it when it happens again.
    That was a week ago and done about 2 restarts since then & stared up okay...