Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: What a load of rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post

3) The skeletons were later shown to be not of Maori descent, but of a more Causcasian like structure.
    And let's say this is actually true?
    So what?
    No living pakeha were here when pakeha arrived, they did what humans have always done, all over the planet, all through history. Had a fight and moved in.

We all originated from Africa, or Eden if you are that way inclined, so why the fuss over skin colour anyway? Or language? or food preferences.
    Imagine dogs behaving this way...no you're scum because you have floppy ears, no you're scum cause your legs are short, no you are cause you have patterned fur.

And so on. BUt no dogs just greet each other as any other dog, make friends - or not - breed if given the opportunity and love their puppies regardless of ears, fur or leg length.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I had a copy of this book, and foolishly lent it to a "friend" for research purposes ... said friend subsequently denied ever having received it

The major points from this work that I recollect and come to mind are:

1) Early settlers in Northland (especially near the Waipoua forest, and Dargaville) reported coming across many (as in tens of thousands) skeletons interred, hidden in caves, or ritually displayed in trees. They were also thought to be victims of some ritual slaying evidenced by identical blows to the head.

2) These skeletons were initlally thought to be be those of children due to the average height being around 1.2m (4'0"), but subsequently revised to be representative of a race of much smaller adults.

3) The skeletons were later shown to be not of Maori descent, the skeletal structure of the jaw being not of the Polynesian "rocker" mechanism but of a more Causcasian like structure.

4) The settlers asked the Governor of the day how they should dispose of the skeletons, and the Governor asked local iwi for their thoughts.

5) Local iwi said in essence, they didn't care: they had no ancestral claim to the skeletons anyway.

6) The Governor decided these tens of thousands of skeletal remains should be transported to Onehunga by barge and then ground into bone dust as fertiliser. (Pragmatsim was evidentally the order of the day)

7) In one of the earliest recorded forms of bureaucracy in Godszone, the removal of these skeletal remains were identifed and carefully recorded.

These records survive intact to this day, as they were recorded in the New Zealand Gazette.

The embargo referred to by BM seems to have been instituted so that the impact of the embargo would not have any impact on any person alive at the time the embargo was instituted.

If anybody has an opportunity to read the book, do so. The claims it makes (some of which are itemised above), are borne out by they are backed by entries in the New Zelaand Gazette ... the official diary of the nation.
    Very interesting Wal.

Just down the road from the Waipoua Forest is the Trounson Kauri Park and James Trounson, who gave the park to the people of New Zealand, just happens to be my great-grand-father on my mothers side.

I have documentation somewhere that supports what you write and similar finds were found within the 1500 acres of the Trounson Kauri Park.

As I recall there was also the issue of a ship being found on the west coast which could have been connected to these finds that weíre not supposed to know about.

I struggle to believe that Archaeologists would just walk into a forest and spend 10years fossicking around if there was nothing to show for their efforts.

Equally, I donít believe the Government would pay them for this length of time if there was nothing worthwhile to report.

As far as Roscoeís lead post goes, letís no forget the trouble started back in 1985 with the formation of the Waitangi Tribunal, and Mount Cook had its name changed to Aoraki back in 1998, so our politicians of all persuasions are equally responsible, although it is probably driven by the Public Servants.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Let's get really confused. HERE
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Gone

This forum seems to have become B.M and prefectís place for spreading racial abuse and generally bitching about everything.

The forum used to be quite good years ago, but now seems itís just going down hill. This was/or is supposed to be a PC help forum. Not a place for spreading racial slurs and hate.

I struggle to believe that Archaeologists would just walk into a forest and spend 10years fossicking around if there was nothing to show for their efforts.

Equally, I don’t believe the Government would pay them for this length of time if there was nothing worthwhile to report
    Are they using a different operating system to the Met Service? (The results of these two organisations are eerily similar.)
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by QW. View Post
    This forum seems to have become B.M and prefect’s place for spreading racial abuse and generally bitching about everything.

The forum used to be quite good years ago, but now seems it’s just going down hill. This was/or is supposed to be a PC help forum. Not a place for spreading racial slurs and hate.
    Dont read our posts then.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

This was/or is supposed to be a PC help forum
    That's PressF1.

This one's just got interesting.

This forum seems to have become B.M and prefectís place for spreading racial abuse and generally bitching about everything.

The forum used to be quite good years ago, but now seems itís just going down hill. This was/or is supposed to be a PC help forum. Not a place for spreading racial slurs and hate.
    By your own admission, post #38:

As somebody that is of Maori decent I find some of what I have read in this quite offensive.
    I guess you would find contrary views offensive. The same works in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post

This one's just got interesting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-got-the-popcorn.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	10143

Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.