Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: It's back again

  1. #21
    Rocket Dog WalOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ellerslie
    Posts
    5,317

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by toyota View Post
    Is there any actual reason why the forum goes offline?
    I'll give it to Monday 13th ... that's the day when those responsible for the smooth and seamless operation of the PC site return from their break, and what had become the standard of outages / interruptions to service prior to Christmas will resume.
    I rest my case
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

    Dr Lester Levy


    I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

    Leonard Cohen

  2. #22
    Member Zippity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Capital City
    Posts
    4,481

    Default Re: It's back again

    Today is the 13th and PCF1 appears to be alive
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

  3. #23
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a field in Hanmer
    Posts
    14,925

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Today is the 13th and PCF1 appears to be alive
    Was down briefly today

  4. #24
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a field in Hanmer
    Posts
    14,925

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by toyota View Post
    Is there any actual reason why the forum goes offline?
    Its now Oz owned and they turn off the server when they go home at the end of the working day to avoid starting more fires.

  5. #25

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I rest my case
    Superstitious much?

  6. #26
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    8,186

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I'll give it to Monday 13th ... that's the day when those responsible for the smooth and seamless operation of the PC site return from their break, and what had become the standard of outages / interruptions to service prior to Christmas will resume.
    Well done Wal.

    You couldn't tell us the Lotto numbers for Saturday by any chance.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

    Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  7. #27
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,536

    Default Re: It's back again

    paranoia - or superstition - is a suspicion of conspiracy where no evidence exists.
    But where evidence does exist - it's not paranoia or superstition.
    Yesterday it was down for a bit, and this morning, I could get to the main site (one way, not the other) but not get either forum.

    Hence, he's right. They're ****ing with it.
    Ex-pctek

  8. #28
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,564

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    paranoia - or superstition - is a suspicion of conspiracy where no evidence exists.
    But where evidence does exist - it's not paranoia or superstition.
    Yesterday it was down for a bit, and this morning, I could get to the main site (one way, not the other) but not get either forum.

    Hence, he's right. They're ****ing with it.
    Yeah seems rather "strange" that while on holidays things ran reasonably well and consistent, return to work and ...........

  9. #29

    Default Re: It's back again

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Yeah seems rather "strange" that while on holidays things ran reasonably well and consistent, return to work and ...........
    Maybe they need to have more holidays perhaps?

  10. #30
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,536

    Default Re: It's back again

    No we just all need to tell them to leave it the **** alone.
    Ex-pctek

Similar Threads

  1. Back ups
    By jupiter1 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-08-2008, 07:42 PM
  2. I'm Back!
    By SurferJoe46 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21-07-2008, 03:43 PM
  3. Back up PC to dvd
    By jwil1 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2008, 11:09 AM
  4. avg back up
    By ferrite in forum PressF1
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-10-2004, 08:47 AM
  5. When is "Chao is back " back??? CMV CT-722D
    By Cajetan in forum PressF1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •