Default laptop/chromebooks charging stations

Hi All
    for my work I need to design/specify charging stations for school's classroom(s) cupboards.
    I searched widely for charging stations and most are trolleys(cabinets), and we do not want such. Furthermore there were lots of stations with USB charging only. We want to specify stations in-built in purpose built cupboards. I have seen a unit I like,as seen below. Unfortunately (charging unit)parts only are not available from this business. Does anyone of you know where from I could specify such parts/ports? The station needs p.p. connections as well as USB ports and fans.The last should be fairly easy. A technician /electrician should be able to install?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	station cupboard.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	10127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	station detail.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	10128  
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!

Default Re: laptop/chromebooks charging stations

Since you say you have to design them should be quite simple. Getting a cabinet, many to select from, as for Power outlets, any electrician will have access to again many different types, and the charging station - Insert a shelf(s) and attach something like 10-Port-USB-Smart-Charging-Station-W. If you are designing it then that's really upto what sort of ideas you have AND of course the actual Budget.

Edited: if you wanted a cheaper charging station (put a couple in a cabinet on two shelves) get them from overseas. dont know what the quality would be like, but maybe worth playing with ideas. Theres plenty to select from all different pricing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charging_Station.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	10129
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Since you say you have to design them should be quite simple. Getting a cabinet, many to select from, as for Power outlets, any electrician will have access to again many different types, and the charging station - Insert a shelf(s) and attach something like 10-Port-USB-Smart-Charging-Station-W. If you are designing it then that's really upto what sort of ideas you have AND of course the actual Budget.

Edited: if you wanted a cheaper charging station (put a couple in a cabinet on two shelves) get them from overseas. dont know what the quality would be like, but maybe worth playing with ideas. Theres plenty to select from all different pricing.

Name:	Charging_Station.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	10129
    Thanks
    I have to design the cupboards to fit the charging stations. It should be done as per drawing below(if I can find the parts to specify). The cupboards and shelves/partitions need to be sturdy.
    I've seen these units from PB-tech and other similar. The unit I have inserted in the first post is made in NZ though have to buy as a unit and this unit is not working for the school I do the work for.
    See below what is existing(except the cupboard and cable chaos are turned on its belly

Name:	existing.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	10130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	10131
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!

Awhhh thats a bit better able to see some ideas (Plans) and what areas to work with

Question: What is the purpose of the two draws in the bottom (on plans) Are they general Storage ?

I'm assuming that the existing Cupboard would be stripped and start again (sort of thing) ?

Can you provide a link to the NZ site that has those cabinets please.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-12-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Awhhh thats a bit better able to see some ideas (Plans) and what areas to work with

Question: What is the purpose of the two draws in the bottom (on plans) Are they general Storage ?

I'm assuming that the existing Cupboard would be stripped and start again (sort of thing) ?

Can you provide a link to the NZ site that has those cabinets please.
    The drawers are for school/classroom resources
    New to be build cupboard/bench total width is approx 5.5m
    This is the site which sells the charging stations-cupboards and other cupboard units. The cupboards as such are not suitable for us for various reasons.

Looking at the drawings (current cupboard) the biggest problem could be the power sockets. Really they should be all held /placed away in a tidy bunch. Assuming they stay put and the students don't bring their own power adaptors.

Safety wise it should be setup or advised by a sparky that knows what they are doing, it wouldn't be that hard to create a panel that has several multiple power outlets all wired together in a safe manner. The last thing you want is something that has a to high a load and a possible fire risk, it should really have some sort of protection in case of this.
    OFTEN when people try to take short cuts or have the "she'll be right" setup - disaster can follow. I've ( as most people /techs) will have seen power setups in server rooms or other such places and its WTF !! its a wonder there hasn't been a fire.

As for the racks to hold the devices, try thinking outside the box, there are quite a few different options, like shelving /partitions for books, or ( and dont laugh) even dish racks - some ideas laptop+storage+rack+for+multiple+laptops as for dish racks some ideas - ( from that page) Plate-White/dp/B000H8WOUY/ref=sr_1_41?keywords=laptop+storage+rack+for+multi ple+laptops ( scroll down as well) These can be mounted to shelves, on their sides - just need to think about the possibilities.

If you want USB charging, the previous ones posted would do, its really as mentioned the budget and just a bit of imagination.

Edited: looking at the 1st link theres a couple of cabinets by Pearington - Device Mobile Charging without teh wheeels they could be inserted into a cupboard easily - and looking at the video come with power sockets installed at the back. BUT again - depends on the Budget.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-12-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Depending on how "handy" you are, here's a video to give you some ideas as to a design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlXjQVWn7o At 30 Seconds the power sockets and adaptor holder would be easy to replicate, and shows a really tidy setup. The trays -- well use your imagination
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-12-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Happy NY WT and All
    Thanks for your suggestions. As the site was down when I had time and was tramping the other days it has taken me a bit long to get back.
    I like your suggestion, though aware that for schools these plastic divisions would be too flimsy. The design idea is very good and these dividers could be done in ply or similar.
    As I see it(as done in the drawing) PP and USB points at bottom then little cubbyholes for the chargers and a pass-through for the charger cable to the slot above where the laptops/chromebooks are. It could be done in a way that the PP and USB ports are under cover and only the end of the charger cable is available for the user. An electrician and joiner could figure this out with the parts the electrician can supply.
    Once more, thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	station.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	10137