Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Trouble updating Windows 10 to 1909

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Are you certain you have the correct version for your computer ie 32 or 64 bit? taken from the link I gave you above.

You may already have got the correct one installed so go ahead and try loading the other installs for 1803 to 1809 in the correct order given in the link from Major Geeks above.

Also have another try at downloading and installing through the MS Update on the computer.
    Yes, I am sure i have picked the 64 bit version, trying to install the 1809 SSU says that The update is not applicable to your computer.

The links for the 1903 update files will not install, same error message.

Running the MS update says that there are no new updates for my and that i am up to date.

Nothing works.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

VoidMaster

So to summarize, your computer, using winver says it is at ver 1803 but MS update is saying you are on Win 1909 effectively.

That's why I thought updating the SSU would help but we don't seem to be able to do that.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    So to summarize, your computer, using winver says it is at ver 1803 but MS update is saying you are on Win 1909 effectively.

That's why I thought updating the SSU would help but we don't seem to be able to do that.
    When trying to install the 1803 ssu, is says it's already on the pc, anything newer won't install.

I just can't figure this out. It's so frustrating.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

VoidMaster

Well if your computer is working to your satisfaction in terms of the usage you have for it then just wait and see if further updates in the future will install rather than doing a re-install and being obsessive-compulsive over having it absolutely as far updated as it could be right now.

To me most of the latest updates seem to be a lot of fuss about things I don't use anyway.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Updated lappy to 1909 and no probs.

BH's desktop normally auto updates, but going into update screen and what do you know, a blood! black screen and blank on te r/h side.

Dr Googling doesn't seem to have the proper answer and I don't want to try their 3 safety tests either.

PC is running ok tho.

lurking.

ps. trying to learn Te Reo, the te above is "the" right!.

lurks.

There has been a LOT of problems with black screens if using older AMD Graphics, they simply dont keep up with new drivers or no longer support older hardware.

If thats the cause there are ways to sort it.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.