VoidMaster

Default A New Gaming Browser From Opera

For anyone intereseted here's the link:

Gaming Browser Early Access: https://www.opera.com/gx#start
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Default Re: A New Gaming Browser From Opera

I'm thinking a what?

"Don’t expect Opera GX to improve your gaming performance dramatically. This browser mostly includes features built for “gamers”: A gaming-inspired theme with Razer Chroma integration, built-in gaming news and deals, a Twitch panel, and sound effects by a game soundtrack designer.

The only feature that could boost your performance is “GX Control”: Built-in RAM and CPU limiters that can restrict how much memory and CPU time your web browser will use.

Before Opera GX, gamers often shut down their browsers to not slow down their gaming experience. We came up with the GX Control feature to make people’s games run more smoothly without requiring them to compromise on what they do on the web"

Bizarre. Are you playing a game, or browsing the net?
    Don't see how you can do both...well you could, but you're not paying attention to one or the other then.
    Ex-pctek

I do both all the time and don't have an issue with performance either so I'll likely stick with Chrome.
    I think maybe it only seems bizarre to non gamers. Often I will look up guides or Videos to help when I am stuck in the game, or watch some youtube or netflix in the background.

Some games demand 100% of your attention to play well, but many don't. World of Warcraft for example has a lot of downtime where you are just watching yourself fly to the next area or something, sometimes for several minutes.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Perhaps this is a version optimised and designed for players of on-line Solitaire?
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

VoidMaster

I've been using it on and off and it's really fast and easy to customize the way it looks, I like it enough to spend time putting my usual links into the Fast Start.

I also like it because it looks so different with different features, I'm sick of all the existing browsers looking so similar these days, like modern motor cars they've all been engineered to a fashion and all try to look the same especially Firefox copying Chrome.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 09-12-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche