Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problems with TVNZ on demand

Chrome & Chromium are both working on TV2 now. The default setting for Flash in Chrome is OFF. I updated the Flash, & switched it ON.
    I understood that Flash was a security risk, and they all use HTML5 now. I can not understand why a TV site would start using Flash again. TV2 used to work fine without it. I presume that it is a temporary fix while they sort something else out.

Default Re: Problems with TVNZ on demand

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Chrome & Chromium are both working on TV2 now. The default setting for Flash in Chrome is OFF. I updated the Flash, & switched it ON.
    I understood that Flash was a security risk, and they all use HTML5 now. I can not understand why a TV site would start using Flash again. TV2 used to work fine without it. I presume that it is a temporary fix while they sort something else out.
    I think I have figured it out. They run their adverts on Flash. If the Flash is not active, for whatever reason, the video waits for the advert to play which never happens, and stops. If there is an advert at the beginning, which is common, the video doesn't run at all. As Chrome & Chromium have their Flash plugins turned off by default most users will leave it off.