Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Impeachment Report Says Trump Solicited Foreign Election Interference

'found the president “placed his own personal and political interests above the national interests of the United States.”'

“The founding fathers prescribed a remedy for a chief executive who places his personal interests above those of the country: impeachment,”

If you haven't been following the details this is worth reading to grasp what is at stake:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/u...committee.html

It asserted that Mr. Trump’s “scheme subverted U.S. foreign policy toward Ukraine and undermined our national security in favor of two politically motivated investigations that would help his presidential re-election campaign.”

“Today, we may be witnessing a collision between the power of a remedy meant to curb presidential misconduct and the power of faction determined to defend against the use of that remedy on a president of the same party,” Mr. Schiff wrote. “But perhaps even more corrosive to our democratic system of governance, the president and his allies are making a comprehensive attack on the very idea of fact and truth.”
    Last edited by zqwerty; 04-12-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Default Re: Impeachment Report Says Trump Solicited Foreign Election Interference

And what's the bet that this POS will be re-elected come November 2020 - unless of course someone doesn't put 1/2 an ounce of lead into his head first.
    I worked for everything I have. Most successful people have done the same thing.
    No, you aren't "entitled" to it. Too damn bad, Get it the way I did.
    WORK FOR IT.

Default Re: Impeachment Report Says Trump Solicited Foreign Election Interference

I have been following it for some time as I have a brother in law who has an American wife. They love him. Don't know why. What a disgusting man he is.

And I agree with you Z.. the POS has a chance. So many Americans are just so stupid.

Ken

Gone

Trump is a clown.

Old guy

The guy is President of the USA so I would be surprised if he is greatly concerned what any of us think. All the reporting we see in our MSM is sourced from the likes of CNN and Washington Post in other words only from the Democrat supporting side of things. If you take the time to look at the other side of the USA news media you get an entirely different view of the situation. One side has him as the greatest criminal ever seen and the other has him able to walk on water. The true picture is somewhere in the middle. The Dems have been trying to bring him down since before he was elected but nothing sticks. In the meantime the economy is booming. Stocks are up. Unemployment is down. He has stopped a few wars and started none.

Finally. Some sense.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I have been following it for some time as I have a brother in law who has an American wife. They love him. Don't know why. What a disgusting man he is.

And I agree with you Z.. the POS has a chance. So many Americans are just so stupid.

Ken
    I thought more of you than that Ken. Disagreeing with you, me or anyone else does require stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    The guy is President of the USA so I would be surprised if he is greatly concerned what any of us think. All the reporting we see in our MSM is sourced from the likes of CNN and Washington Post in other words only from the Democrat supporting side of things. If you take the time to look at the other side of the USA news media you get an entirely different view of the situation. One side has him as the greatest criminal ever seen and the other has him able to walk on water. The true picture is somewhere in the middle. The Dems have been trying to bring him down since before he was elected but nothing sticks. In the meantime the economy is booming. Stocks are up. Unemployment is down. He has stopped a few wars and started none.
    Spoken like a true Republican. Sad.
    I worked for everything I have. Most successful people have done the same thing.
    No, you aren't "entitled" to it. Too damn bad, Get it the way I did.
    WORK FOR IT.

pfft, lets get some balance please

I have no love for trump but...
    He was try to dig up dirt on a DECOMCRACTS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.
    yes, pressure Ukraine to investigate his opponents illegal activity.
    Who is naive enough to think that al those in power dont use their position for this sort of thing . eg : leaking of Winston Peters Superannuation application

Trump is actually doing some good. But lets ignore that
    questioning the costs of some military hardware
    getting a better trade deal from Ch
    trying to stop out of control immigration in US
    holding Germany to a/c , for being in NATO & doing deals with the supposed enemy Russia
    holding to account Nato nations getting a free ride & expecting US to pay for everything (almost)
    not accepting 'this is the way it should be done' , and saying what his voters were thinking

We are getting a very biased , leftist , view of US politics .

look at all the misreporting of the illegal immigrants kids being separated from parents & put in cages
    yes , how horrid.
    Ignore its something started in Obama's time
    Ignore one of the early photos of kids in 'cages' was actally taken in Obams's era , and used to bash Trump
    ignore the fact that trump eventually tried to stop this (after pressure from his wife) .
    Started by obama , ended by trump .