Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Facebook

  1. #1
    Remember Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Facebook

    Does anyone have any idea why Facebook jumps all over the place? The Facebook help doesn't seem to be much help for this problem which people have been having trouble with for some years. So I thought someone here may have found the cause. I blamed Adblocker for a start, but have disabled this to no effect.

  2. #2
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,822

    Default Re: Facebook

    What browser are you using?
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Facebook

    Wasn't there a report that Facebook was invading users' privacy?

  4. #4
    Remember Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    What browser are you using?
    I think I have tried all of them.

  5. #5
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    27,025

    Default Re: Facebook

    Have you tried the browsers in Safe Mode ??

    If you have Firefox, start that in safe mode, open Facebook, see if its stable. ???? If it is then there's either some sort of corruption effecting all browsers, some add-ons / Extensions.

    To open FF in safe mode theres several ways, described https://www.wikihow.com/Start-Firefox-in-Safe-Mode


    If using windows 10 do you have Home or Professional ??
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

  6. #6
    Remember Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Have you tried the browsers in Safe Mode ??

    If you have Firefox, start that in safe mode, open Facebook, see if its stable. ???? If it is then there's either some sort of corruption effecting all browsers, some add-ons / Extensions.

    To open FF in safe mode theres several ways, described https://www.wikihow.com/Start-Firefox-in-Safe-Mode


    If using windows 10 do you have Home or Professional ??
    W10 Home

  7. #7
    Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Drummond, Southland
    Posts
    4,956

    Default Re: Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappiness View Post
    Wasn't there a report that Facebook was invading users' privacy?
    Zuckerberg allows no privacy. He is evil.
    FTW

  8. #8
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,373

    Default Re: Facebook

    Define jumps all over the place

    Im guessing, its just refreshing and new posts/topics are causing it to jump back the the top. I see that issue & it is annoying .
    Just the way it is.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,373

    Default Re: Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    Zuckerberg allows no privacy. He is evil.
    If we give our personal info to him, and upload our private pics to him , then we need to take responsibility for doing so
    That why I use fake details on my FB a/c .

  10. #10
    Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Drummond, Southland
    Posts
    4,956

    Default Re: Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    If we give our personal info to him, and upload our private pics to him , then we need to take responsibility for doing so
    That why I use fake details on my FB a/c .
    I have no account and never will.
    Mind you plenty of other greedy U.S. tech corporations are just as bad.
    FTW

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook
    By ianhnz in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-12-2016, 01:47 PM
  2. Facebook
    By Arnie in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 04:09 PM
  3. Facebook Help
    By Zippity in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-03-2016, 09:00 PM
  4. Facebook
    By Poppa John in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 11:48 AM
  5. Facebook
    By Poppa John in forum PressF1
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •