Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cat repellent

Default Re: Cat repellent

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Our bags don't go out until 9am, and the cat ripped the bag before 9.30. Tomorrow is our rubbish day, but I don't have a perfumed spray, only a very nasty surface crawling insect spray, so I will try that.
    Just curious -- Dont you have wheelie Bins to put rubbish in ?

Lots of people simply put the rubbish in Plastic bags (Some Degradable) which is placed in the wheelie bin, put out on the curb on their rubbish day. No problems with Cats or any other animals getting into them.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just curious -- Dont you have wheelie Bins to put rubbish in ? (snip)
    It would improve our life if we did, but Taupō has yet to move into the 21st century on this issue.

Hmmm, one of the male rottweillers got loose from its own property this pm, proceeded to roam all over the neighbourhood, tearing up the grass on peoples' properties, and peeing and crapping everywhere, and then started hunting and chasing cats around the houses. It certainly stirred up the neighbourhood; I can only imagine what the cats are thinking...

Old guy

Maybe thats solved your problem John.

Maybe, but it might have created a bigger one - cats might cause trouble but they aren't dangerous!

There are no wheelie bins here. No animals rip open the bags though, no idea why not.
    Maybe nothing delicious put in them?
    Ex-pctek

The last one we had died relatively young ..... He was simply irreplaceable, and I made the decision that any other cat after him would be a huge disappointment
    You don't replace them.
    You just have other pets, who are completely different and have their own personalities.
    I am not sure how many I have owned - roughly 15 ish?, most didn't get past age 15. Some were barely a year.

One left now is 18...OMG. She was always the nosey one too, and I thought she'd use her lives ages ago...but here she is, outlived her entire family.
    Every time one died, whether by accident, illness or age, I missed them horribly.
    Many were my favourite, including Miss 18 yr olds sister, recently deceased.

But then, the new arrivals are fun too. And will no doubt be missed horribly when their time ends.
    I have only ever actually gone and got 2 of these pets, the rest arrived in various ways....some dropped off, some were refugees and so on....

Cats just happen.
    Ex-pctek

Hmmm, one of the male rottweillers got loose from its own property this pm, proceeded to roam all over the neighbourhood, tearing up the grass on peoples' properties, and peeing and crapping everywhere, and then started hunting and chasing cats around the houses. It certainly stirred up the neighbourhood; I can only imagine what the cats are thinking...
    Well, I haven't seen a single neighbourhood cat since the rottweiller went ape on the weekend. I know how they feel because it came onto our property and had a go at me. Yesterday was rubbish day, and I sprayed the plastic rubbish bag, but it was a complete waste of time given the absence of cats!