Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat repellent

Default Re: Cat repellent

That's the dog owners John. None of my hairy buddies did that sort of thing.

Ken

Ken, I didn't mean that the dogs were to blame for tearing the rubbish bags, if that is what you thought. I saw the cat doing it. My point was that the dogs have done nothing to scare the cats away. Cat behaviour around here has got worse since the dogs have arrived. Coincidence, I am sure, but clearly dogs are no deterrent.

I have been told that spent coffee grounds deters them, although I have not seen any improvement. My irrigation system chases them away if I can set it off where they are!

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    We are surrounded by cats - seems we are the only ones in our neighbourhood without one. ..
    Because you are free territory.
    My mum had that before we (and cats) arrived.
    Now no cats come here, before heaps of them.

That actually is the answer...or a dog, cats treat dog houses as non-free territory too

You will never succeed completely if you are an animal free zone.
    Ex-pctek

Since my avatar died we get cats around. Molly used to chase them away, quite funny really. The cat would be on the fence top and Molly would go rushing out of the house barking like mad, as Corgis do, and the cat would just about crap itself and fall off the fence.

Gosh I miss her still, 3 years on.....

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Gosh I miss her still, 3 years on.....

Ken
    And that is why we are not getting a cat Ken. The last one we had was inherited from our daughter when she went overseas. He died relatively young after being infected in a fight with another cat. He was simply irreplaceable, and I made the decision that any other cat after him would be a huge disappointment, and I also didn't want to go through the loss of another pet.

VoidMaster

The cats break into the rubbish bags in the early hours of the morning around dawn, dogs are mostly all sleeping then and as such unable to prevent the annoyance.

The fly spray tip comes from my Mum via the Waitikiri Golf Club members and as such is tried and tested.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

.22 cat repellent works every time.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

The double paper walls of a Kleensac might be more resistant to cat claws than a flimsy plastic bag. The paper will also retain the smell of vinegar better than plastic will, if you choose to go the vinegar route.

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    The cats break into the rubbish bags in the early hours of the morning around dawn, dogs are mostly all sleeping then and as such unable to prevent the annoyance.

The fly spray tip comes from my Mum via the Waitikiri Golf Club members and as such is tried and tested.
    Our bags don't go out until 9am, and the cat ripped the bag before 9.30. Tomorrow is our rubbish day, but I don't have a perfumed spray, only a very nasty surface crawling insect spray, so I will try that.