Default New prescription glasses

I have just had my cataracts done and need new glasses can't afford speck-savers after spending nearly 8k.
    So was thinking of using https://www.eyexpress.co.nz/reglaze in Hamilton has any body used them recommend either way. I have recently used optically nz for a pair and they were OK.
    But I need a pair to include transition lens as well, hence my enquiry about eyexpress and the price is reasonable.

Older by the minute

Default Re: New prescription glasses

Not that I know but I thought that when cataracts were done, you really did not need glasses after as the lens that is added to the eye should give you pretty good vision. Am I wrong?

Yes you still for reading and distance, although distance is a lot better when wearing the sunnies the eye hospital supplied as you need them, for the bright sunlight glad I didn't have it done in the summer.

Haven't used that service but it does look interesting.

I get my prescription from spec savers but I order any other glasses after that from Zenni online https://www.zennioptical.com/?gclsrc=aw.ds
    It's a slight gamble picking frames but I've bought 2 pairs from them now with no issues.

I Like to have a pair of prescription polarised sunglasses for driving in the daylight which has led to me more than once driving somewhere and staying too late and finding it's getting dark and I haven't got my regular glasses...
    So first from Zenni I bought the cheapest single vision option for me at around $50 to leave in the car permanently. That was an experiment to see if Zenni was ok. Since then I have replaced my Sunglasses as well.
    For me at least they cost about half what spec savers do, but I have a fairly cheap prescription anyway just being a bit short sighted.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Zennioptical.com

Go online, choose frame etc, enter prescription, choose type of lens, away you go...about a week later they arrive. All sorts of glasses, all sorts of lenses.
    Far far cheaper than anything in NZ>
    Ex-pctek

SWMBO just got some glasses from Firmoo online hers need special working of one lens and usually cost here $900-$1100 she spent $160 on Firmoo and so far seem to be fine

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    I have just had my cataracts done and need new glasses can't afford speck-savers after spending nearly 8k.
    So was thinking of using https://www.eyexpress.co.nz/reglaze in Hamilton has any body used them recommend either way. I have recently used optically nz for a pair and they were OK.
    But I need a pair to include transition lens as well, hence my enquiry about eyexpress and the price is reasonable.
    I had an implant in my right eye a few years ago. The left eye has a cataract, but up to now it hasn't been too bad. I use ordinary reading glasses from the Chemist. I can work on my computer with the right eye, and watch TV with the left one. I find that Polaroid sun glasses are good for driving in good light, and yellow driving glasses for poor light conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    I can work on my computer with the right eye, and watch TV with the left one.
    At the same time? I thought only women could multitask

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    At the same time? I thought only women could multitask

Ken
    I remember a debate along these lines a few years ago when a Scottish Nurse announced "Men think peeeeeeing in the shower is multitasking!"

And she never batted an eyelid.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Multitasking is a myth, probably because some women work on more than one thing at once, but no human can do it, we all time slice.
    Ex-pctek