Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The same people that support Climate Change.

It’s confirmed, the Lunatics have the keys to the asylum, or it’s the 1st April.

HERE

TVNZ have banned staff from using hair straighteners to minimise the threat of disruptions to their Rugby World Cup programming.

In a "Must Read" memo leaked to Stuff, staff were informed the ban was being imposed to minimise risk associated with using electrical devices.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: The same people that support Climate Change.

SUpport climate change? You mean they're for changing the climate then?
    Ex-pctek

Climate change?????

B.M., you should get out more!

With the lack of real evidence against climate change it's necessary to resort to attempting to ridicule it to advance your view point. It's childish but seems to be the tactic of choice.
    When asked for actual peer reviewed scientific studies the requests are ignored, insults are flung, or another link to a journalist or politician denying climate change is provided instead.
    Apparently trusting in the overwhelming scientific consensus from people actually qualified in the relevant fields makes us sheep and part of a sect/cult or some such thing.

However cherry picking random posts from unqualified people and rehashing Email scandals from many years ago makes you smarter than people more qualified than yourself and more aware of the "truth"
    It seems very much like the mentality the flat earthers use to justify their position as well. Scientist are all liars, I know better, I trust what I can understand and won't consider any evidence I can't or that disagrees with my viewpoint.
    When you can't prove your own position you can only resort to trying to pick holes in the one you disagree with.

I stopped responding to these threads a couple years back. But every now and again I stick my oar in just for the hell of it. It achieves nothing but it can be fun.
    Provide me some real evidence and I'll read it and change my mind if it's compelling, I predict that's never going to happen. I've read a lot of the links climate change deniers have provided, some of them are interesting and well thought out. Those are the rare ones, and they still offer no evidence.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

My god , what hypocrisy .
    And there were have a climate change supporter ridiculing those who dont believe, despite him saying thats childish etc etc

"deniers" is basic name calling, that was used to ridicule the other side by calling them no better than holocaust deniers
    Its like me calling the climate change believers "climate change nazis" (as per Seinfeld Soup Nazi)

Comparing those wont dont believe to flat earthers, well thats just more name calling . Again .

There can be no opposing opinion .
    Those who dont believe can ONLY be stupid and not have any scientific based reasons , just because youre right and we are wrong.
    You are not allowed to believe otherwise
    Sounds like nazi's to me

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    My god , what hypocrisy .
    And there were have a climate change supporter ridiculing those who dont believe, despite him saying thats childish etc etc

"deniers" is basic name calling, that was used to ridicule the other side by calling them no better than holocaust deniers
    Its like me calling the climate change believers "climate change nazis" (as per Seinfeld Soup Nazi)

Comparing those wont dont believe to flat earthers, well thats just more name calling . Again .

There can be no opposing opinion .
    Those who dont believe can ONLY be stupid and not have any scientific based reasons , just because youre right and we are wrong.
    You are not allowed to believe otherwise
    Sounds like nazi's to me
    Well said. It is a pleasure to read something writen buy someone who is capable of joined up thinking and a bit of old fashioned common sense.

No, those who don't believe need to supply some evidence the way the other side of the argument has. Many times. Otherwise their position is weak and unsupported. That doesn't make them stupid, just very unlikely to be right.
    I'm not claiming to be right or infallible, just that I trust the people who are qualified to make these claims more than I trust those who try to rubbish them without good evidence and use these sort of tactics to do it.

"Climate change supporter" is ok, "climate change denier" is not? I'm a hypocrite? Pot say hello to kettle.

Denier is not name calling, it's an accurate description of the position those who "deny" human impact on climate change and claim it's entirely natural. It's just an easy way to describe people who hold that view without writing a whole sentence every time and is far nicer than how my view has been referred to many times round here (Nazi? Really?)

And if my post seems hypocritical to you, maybe it is. It's my response to the constant rubbish flung our way by certain people and yeah maybe it's a little childish in places itself.
    I at least accept that about myself. You just called me a Nazi, proud of yourself? You equate that to me suggesting someone denies something, or comparing them to another group that denies something?

I stand by my post. If that makes me a hypocrite in you eyes, or childish, I'm ok with that. You want me to change my view provide me some real evidence of something.
    You want me to apologise you'll have to do better than name calling yourself.

And I think the comparison to flat earthers is valid myself. Both groups disagree with the scientific consensus and both groups lack evidence to support their claims.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Gone

Is it just me or is B.M. posting the same rubbish becoming old? Seems like hes always right and everybody else is wrong, and ridicules people no matter what their opinion is. Seems a bit stupid posting all these threads about the same topic instead of putting it in its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    No, those who don't believe need to supply some evidence the way the other side of the argument has.
    What a joke.

The whole thing was nonsense from the start and as Climategate revealed the actual evidence proved they were wrong which was why they couldn’t allow it to be Peer Reviewed.

So they fiddled the evidence but got caught. (See Climategate E-Mails)

Then, as a last resort, they changed the dogs name from Global Warming to Climate Change in a desperate effort to keep the Billion Dollar Rort going.

Until recently they have been relatively successfu, but the tide is turning despite the Media devoting their best efforts to keep the lie going.

However, the actual point of the lead post was to point out that the Media that gives the hoax so much support, is the same Media that forbids the use of Hair Straighteners to ensure uninterrupted Rugby World Cup coverage.

Quite how the use of a Hair Straightener could pose any risk at all to the transmission of the Rugby World Cup needs explaining.

Let us have a Peer Review.
    Last edited by B.M.; 30-09-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Sounds like TVNZ does not a have robust power source if they need to ban hair straighteners.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company