Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default He Gets My Vote!

Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Default Re: He Gets My Vote!

And mine
    And that guy Tenby Powell is worth a look as well, even though hes got a stupid name
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

OK, I listened to that interview with Peter Williams. Andrew Hollis sounds a nice enough bloke, he doesn't rant or spout conspiracy theories, but then, he is standing for mayor so will be careful about what he says. Unfortunately, his grasp of atmospheric science seems a bit astray. A M.Sc. in one branch of science does not necessarily confer expertise in others.

His contention that CO2 levels above 100 parts per million make no contribution to heating the atmosphere is downright wrong. He is probably referring to the idea put forward by Knut Angstrom in 1900, that the absorption of infra-red radiation by CO2 was already saturated, in the sense that the CO2 concentration at the time was absorbing all the radiation that it could, and adding more CO2 makes no difference. This suggestion has been thoroughly debunked, Angstrom's measurements were too inaccurate to measure the increased absorption that was taking place and modern techniques show that infra-red absorption is nowhere near saturated. More CO2 means more absorption and hence more warming.

Hollis also seems not to grasp that measuring temperatures in Wellington, Auckland and Tauranga tells you little or nothing about the global mean temperature. At any given moment there is always somewhere hotter than Wellington and somewhere colder. Measuring a global temperature takes a bit more work than that, and measuring a long-term temperature change needs a whole lot more work. He shouldn't waste his time - others are already making the measurements.

Finally, his comments about polar ice-cap & glacial melting, extreme weather events and forest fires seem to be at total variance with what is being reported from around the world.

Vote for the guy? I don't think so.

Thanks for the Heads-up on this chap Tenby Powell Digby.

I'll check him out.

In the meantime HERE is some more enlightenment.

I wonder what the CO2 levels were when Noah had to cope with his extreme weather event?
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Noah was probably a farmer who saved his family and a couple of goats in a boat when his farm in a dry riverbed flooded and using the same logic as flat earthers concluded because all he could see was water the whole world was flooded. From there it's chinese whispers until we have the foolish story people cling to as facts today despite overwhelming evidence that there has never been a global flood. That theory is not based on anything it's entirely my own guess which makes it about as useful as most climate change deniers evidence. I'm on the internet and I have an opinion, therefore you should believe me and ignore scientists and historians. That's how it works yes? qualifications and peer review is all BS after all according to some.

I've said this before so I'm not going to bother rehashing it all again after this post. I know there's no point trying to convince B.M. about anything. But my stance on this is simple. Regardless of whether we are causing global warming or whether we can do anything about it simply continuing on as we are chewing up resources, growing the population, and polluting the environment all around us with no regard to the future is guaranteed to eventually end in disaster. Granted many attempts to do something about it are ludicrous and ineffective but at least it's an attempt. The world is a finite space, it can only fit so many people and handle so much pollution before disaster results. It's about time we recognised that fact and started aiming for sustainability instead of pretending endless economic and population growth are viable alternatives.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    Noah was probably a farmer who saved his family and a couple of goats in a boat when his farm in a dry riverbed flooded and using the same logic as flat earthers concluded because all he could see was water the whole world was flooded. From there it's chinese whispers until we have the foolish story people cling to as facts today despite overwhelming evidence that there has never been a global flood.
    What, are you questioning the most trusted book ever written.

Well said dugi you will never convince b(boring).m(ember) as he is the self professed expert on every subject hence why I decided to block his drivel

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Thanks for the Heads-up on this chap Tenby Powell Digby.

I'll check him out.

In the meantime HERE is some more enlightenment.

I wonder what the CO2 levels were when Noah had to cope with his extreme weather event?
    O Lord, here we go again. In one word, baloney. Or if you want two words, total baloney.

Yes I've gone off Tenby Powell, he thinks climate change is important.!

I'd still like someone to tell me what climate change is
    Global warming I understood (but did not agree)

Yes I just recieved the Tauranga voting papers in the mail yesterday.
    I'm reading them all and giving them a maybe or a no or a yes.