Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Default Re: W10 on M.2 NVMe not opening

What the Guys at Computer lounge "should" have done is simple.

Since assuming its still within warranty, tell you to send it back to them, once they have it inspect it, put it into a Workshop PC, and see if they can replicate the problem.

( NO Disrespect meant in the following) This way since they "should know what they are doing" Test it see if they can load a W10 onto it, if not determine if its faulty, if it is, replace it under warranty, if its something else and its not faulty, actually get it working, wipe the drive a couple of times to make sure and reload windows, test, wipe it clean and return it to you. There more than likely would be some sort of charge if it is discovered its not faulty but something you may or may not have done (not a warranty issue).

Replacing under Warranty (if faulty) is no big deal or skin off their noses, they claim it back from the manufacture after all.

Where it becomes "interesting" or indecisive for them is "if" they used parallel imported components and cant do a warranty claim, then they have to wear the cost. (Just saying it does happen sometimes).
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

dugimodo
    Hi. When I was using the HDD with W10 x64 v1903 as a boot drive so I could do the repair/wipe partitions of the MP300 SSD I googled the problem I was having with the SSD and one of the possibilities given was for exactly that which you mention: Is the drive Read only' I checked the SSD's Properties and it was not ticked as being Read only. I would be inclined to think that a Read only drive would still Boot to the OS installed on it. As stated, the SSD doesn't boot, yet it will open and run in Macrium viboot: and because of that I used Macrium to Image the SSD and was happily stunned when after having installed / Restored the Image created onto the Samsung Evo 860 500GB SSD that it booted without any issues whatsoever. To me that implies that whatever the source of the process that was preventing the Repair/wipe clean or attempt to wipe and install fresh W10 v1903 Pro was not included in the Macrium Reflect Image file of the OS etc existent on the 'won't boot' MP300 SSD. Suggesting the the SSD itself has a fault or has gone down with HW alzheimer's for its Storage and recall.
    The MP300 SSD had only seen 8 months use, the 250GB capacity had only once gone below 100GB Free available storage space to about 55GB available space so I uninstalled the 67.3GB of installed Sniper Elite 4 Game from the MP300 SSD and installed it to the Samsung Evo 860_500GB SSD (swapping the empty Game Save file record with the Game Save file for the one I had copied/saved to desktop pre-uninstall of the Game). I was using the Sansung Evo 860 SSD to install Programs/Games/ to it and for the storage place for Downloads but had inadvertently installed Sniper Elite 4 to C drive. The MP300 was 'Trimmed' and Defragged once until I learned that defrag of SSD's is neither advised nor necessary.
    Unfortunately, when I did the checks to see if the MP300 was or had become Read only drive, I had not taken any snapshots so what I will do is Power off, replace the Intell M2 SSD with the MP300, connect the Samsung SSD which has W10 Pro v1903 + apps and boot into that so I can redo the checks on the MP300.
    Wouldn't it be a turn-up for the books if the MP300 had miraculously regained its faculties and burst into song. I'll give it a chance.
    Thanks for the info and link: I will have a read of that before I do the Drive swapping etc.
    I will disconnect all external HDD's and unnecessary HW.

Garry
    Last edited by kioti; 04-10-2019 at 05:03 PM.

wainuitech
    hi. Yeah that's very much what I was thinking/hoping would happen when I telephoned/contacted the Tech facility at the C-Lounge to tell them the problem hoping that I would be asked to send them the Drive but the chap I spoke with suggested I contact them via email at their Support dept. I did that and received a reply asking me to explain the problem which I did and to make it easier for all, I used the Thread Opening I had posted here and gave a link to the full thread so they could have a good in-depth explanation and info to work with..and then they would ask me to send the drive back to them for testing. None of the expectations happened so all I can do now is see if my reply to their email rattles a cage and inspires them to action.
    Cheers

Garry
    Last edited by kioti; 04-10-2019 at 05:27 PM.

I highly doubt they will have looked at the supplied link to any threads, some places tend to think people on forums don't know much and they know better. Trouble is often there's actual people who do have a good deal of knowledge, NO ONE knows everything but when everyone gets together sometimes some really good solutions come out.

Computer lounge sounds a bit like they don't want to know As mentioned before, a legit warranty claim a person really shouldn't have to beg or threaten anything to the place they purchased from.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

wainuitech
    Hi. Yes I believe that also. I have had similar emails/replies from Social Media complaints or Computer HW manufacturers. One in particular was about a Stop Code Error 503 being shown on my Canon Printer. Googling the stop code revealed that it is not something Canon has any knowledge of or fix for. Anyway, I thought that my email had it been read by a human and the reply I received was not actually sent by a human. All was performed by a computer with a database of keywords and a plethora of possible causes and fixes. Like I send the info 'I have a Canon Inkjet printer model xxxxx and it is showing a Stop code 503 and will not print'...in return I received a users guide to Ink cartridges and how to check ink levels and cartridge seating complete with diagrams. Nothing whatsoever re the Stop Code 503. The keywords were Ink and Printer...
    Anyway, I received another email from the same chap at C Lounge asking for me to send the Device back to them along with the printed out email communications and showing the RMA number. I replied that I would do so as soon I received an RMA number which it seems has been forgotten to be included in the reply from them. So now I wait for the RMA number and go from there.
    I haven't had the use of the MP300 for almost 2 months and its becoming like a girlfriend who went on a break and hasn't returned, has been forgotten and replaced., But as I am getting the BIOS updated to a Gigabyte AB350M-D3H board so it will run the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU which I should have by end of next week, it would be nice to have the MP300 SSD working so it can be used in the Gigabyte/Ryzen hardware.
    Cheers

Garry

ps: here's a few pics I took yesterday showing the MP300 installed so I could test it and get info to send to the person at C-Lounge. The MP300 is "Working properly"
    Disk 2 is the MS virtual disk created for Windows Sandbox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_DISK MANAGMENT_ DISK 0 IS SAMSUNG_DISK 1 IS MP300__DISK 2 IS UNKNOWN.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	10033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_DISK 0_OFFLINE BECAUSE IT HAS A SIGNATURE COLLISION WITH ANOTHER DISK THAT IS ONLINE.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	10034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_ EASEUS PARTITION MASTER _ DRIVES VIEW.jpg 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	10035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP300 SSD DOES NOT SHOW IN THIS PC EXPLORER BUT SHOWS IN DEVICE MANAGER WHERE IT IS PASSED AS WO.jpg 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	10036  
    Last edited by kioti; 05-10-2019 at 09:54 AM.