Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Petrol stations & needing airpoints or similar card to get discounts

Seems most different petrol station brands all have different discount cards they use, 'get 6c off with xxxx card'

It's all too much. Too many different discount cards . My supermarket OneCard is no longer accepted by local petrol stations.
    I started to sign up for air points to get discounts , but stopped & thought: do I really want to sign up to yet another personal info data collection scheme ?

So, what petrol ~discount~ cards do you use ?
    Does your card offer a reasonable discount, or is the discount not even enough to buy a cup of coffee and hardly worth bothering with ?

last time I only got approx $2 on $50 petrol , with a temp card they gave me to use.

Default Re: Petrol stations & needing airpoints or similar card to get discounts

My AA Card covers me at both Countdown and BP.

I usually end up with a full tank of petrol FREE every 6 weeks or so.

Does that sound like a saving to you?
    I worked for everything I have. Most successful people have done the same thing.
    No, you aren't "entitled" to it. Too damn bad, Get it the way I did.
    WORK FOR IT.

Default Re: Petrol stations & needing airpoints or similar card to get discounts

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

So, what petrol ~discount~ cards do you use ?
    None.
    I refuse to use any card anywhere, supermarket, petrol or anything.

It's just spyware.

For petrol I use Gaspy.
    $2.04 most places here today, the rip off one was $2.09, went to Gull self serve and paid $1.98
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    My AA Card covers me at both Countdown and BP.

I usually end up with a full tank of petrol FREE every 6 weeks or so.

Does that sound like a saving to you?
    Would be for me, I only put petrol in every 4 or 5 weeks, and then only 2/3 of a tank to fill it up. (Only done 20,000K in 3.5 years)

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Since we only have a Caltex here I use whatever they are doing, prices are higher here as we are a rural town. When I go into Chch I use Mkeowns as its so much cheaper than anywhere else, usually at least 30c a litre for diesel.

Have a Mobil Card and mainly get fuel when they have 10 cents a litre off

Some days when one of the other big fuel retailers they match the price of the discount

Use Gaspy to cross reference prices but usually it's only as good as the last price update

But we are all paying for the discounts as Farmsource has 21 cents a Litre off at Mobil and Farmlands has 12 cents a Litre off at most fuel outlets all the time

I don't pay too much attention to it, but last week at the BP in Wainui I got a tenner off! Couldn't believe it - $64 instead of $74.
    No idea how or what I did, but it worked.

I work the AA Smartfuel to the max ... I keep the discounts (earned by buying only the minimum $40 each time) until just before they expire, then buy the maximum 50 litres using all the discounts accumulated.

It's worth it ...

Yesterday I purchased my 50L with a pump price of $2.13 ($106.50) at BP Mokoia Rd Birkenhead. My accumulated discounts were 178 c/L, so that gave me $89.00 off ... the net result was I paid only $17.50 for my 50L. Yes, I use Gasby to check out the cheapest price where it's convenient to make a short detour (any detour of more than 5 km is negated in my book). In this example, the Mokoia Rd price was 10 cents under other BP stations in the area. Without Gasby I wouldn't necessarily have been aware of it.

Last edited by WalOne; 31-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Don't use cards but we have a New World in town and a 6c/L voucher with every purchase. Just keep a number in the car for the local station each time. Pack n Save also do this but you have to fill up at their pumps.

Regardless of which “Card” you have, you are being “Right Royally Screwed!”

I’ve just returned from a month in Aus (searching for and finding some Global Warming) and the dearest 91 Octane I saw was $1:41 a litre and the cheapest $1:28. However, if you spent $100 or more at some of the major grocery outlets you got another 10c a litre off at their pumps.

All this and swmbo assures me their groceries are about half price compared to ours anyway.

Houston, we have a problem.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.