Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Error Code 45. No output to HDMI Television.

Eset Internet Security contains a firewall and a few other bells and whistles that most people don't use. You can buy the straight Antivirus.

Wouldn't go getting it from the USA site either - the NZ is https://www.eset.com/nz/home/for-windows/

If theres ever any questions its a simple phone call to speak to a NZ'er
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Definitely a +1 for ESET, I have been using it for 10+ years now and it is without a doubt one of the best Security offerings out there. You will not regret it.

As Wainui said it does come with some "Ädvanced" features which I guess the "average" user will not touch but if you leave it in it's "default state" post install it will pretty much take care of itself once it has gotten used to your "environment",

The pricing isn't bad either especially if you purchase a multi-device license, the license version I have comes with installs for all the major OS players....Windows, Mac, Android and Linux... x86 and x64 with the exception of Mac which I believe is x64 only.
    Last edited by chiefnz; 20-08-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 4.7GHz (XMP)
    Corsair Hydro 100x
    16GB DDR4 G-Skill Ripjaws V
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Water-Cooled eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ---> NZXT G12 (Corsair H55)
    Corsair Crystal 460X & TX650M PSU

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Eset Internet Security contains a firewall and a few other bells and whistles that most people don't use. You can buy the straight Antivirus.

Wouldn't go getting it from the USA site either - the NZ is https://www.eset.com/nz/home/for-windows/

If theres ever any questions its a simple phone call to speak to a NZ'er
    wainuitech
    hi. Yeah I got the Eset IS, trial 2 days ago. I did have Eset Nod32 trial but forgot to purchase license and I went back to using Comodo IS temporarily which went on for a month. So I got the EIS 30 day trial and decided to buy a license for it. I then saw that a site called Anti-virus 4U.com had the Nod32v12 for $50.00US and the Internet Security for $30.00US (making Nod32 as $78NZ and EISv12, $47NZ so I bought the EIS). I received the email from Anti-virus4U.com last night and downloaded the EIS from the link supplied. I also have the License key. Now ………… I have a question
    When I installed the EIS Trial it updated its data base and instantly set off doing its first scan. It has Deleted Game exes! I can see them in Quarantine but there is not the option to Restore and add to exclusions. Greyed out it is so I guessing that comes available when the app is licensed, Drat! I could restore/add to exclusions when they were whisked away when I had the trial Eset Nod32. … Ok, so I have a License now. Question coming up.
    I do NOT want to uninstall the EIS Trial to then instal the downloaded version I bought, simple because the 'deleted' files will be gone with the uninstall. Can I use the license I got from the Anti-virus 4U.com to make the Trial I got from Eset licensed and good to go, thus meaning I can Restore, add to exclusions the much needed game exes that have been locked away? Or will the license I have only validate the EIS download I got from the Anti-virus 4U.com?
    Last edited by kioti; 21-08-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Just got off the blower to Eset NZ. Nod32 is $78.00 and Internet Security is $73.00, +GST still to be added for both. Interesting thing is that when I told the person I had bought the EIS I have he said that if it is a license for overseas then they here in NZ cannot help me with anything because they cannot see the license. If in NZ buy here, if in USA buy there he said.
    Hmmmm.so, as I have not used the license or installed the EIS I dloaded, I could request a cancellation of the license and possibly get a refund, then buy the EIS from here in NZ.
    Shame I didn't look here and see your reply yesterday afternoon, wainuitech. I also was not aware that a license issued for Eset Software that was not issued in NZ means I cannot get any help here in NZ for the Software I have bought online from wherever it is in the world. Shanghai? Hmmm
    Last edited by kioti; 21-08-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Just got off the blower to Eset NZ. Nod32 is $78.00 and Internet Security is $73.00, +GST still to be added for both.
    Errrrr Don't know who told you those prices, that's incorrect (maybe if you are using a credit card ) there may be a surcharge ??

Full retail pricing for Nod32 (antivirus only) is $70.75. (GST included, $61.52 excluding).

Thats looking at the latest dealer Price guide.

wainuitech
    hi. I used the link to Eset NZ you gave and called the Contact phone number in Auckland: 09 309 3281. Asked for Sales and was put through to a man who supplied the prices I stated. I just tried calling the number again and its after hours. Animated voice says to leave a message or email them at "info@chilisoft.net"........ so that doesn't sound like its Eset at all yet the phone number is there on the Eset site the link you suppled opens up to. I sent them an email requesting prices for both Nod 32 and EIS. The email sent so I did get the email address right. Will await a reply tomorrow,
    Cheers.
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    wainuitech
    hi. I used the link to Eset NZ you gave and called the Contact phone number in Auckland: 09 309 3281. Asked for Sales and was put through to a man who supplied the prices I stated. I just tried calling the number again and its after hours. Animated voice says to leave a message or email them at "info@chilisoft.net"........ so that doesn't sound like its Eset at all yet the phone number is there on the Eset site the link you suppled opens up to. I sent them an email requesting prices for both Nod 32 and EIS. The email sent so I did get the email address right. Will await a reply tomorrow,
    Cheers.
    Garry
    Eset is handled by Chillisoft (they are the NZ distributors)

Here are the Retail Prices as per their Dealers Price List.

I deal with this software and its pricing quite a few times during a week, today alone got 1 new and several renewals. (The renewals are cheaper)

Nod32 Antivirus - Internet Security - 5 User Multi Device. All Prices EXCLUDE gst.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nod32_Pricing.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	9894

Name:	Internet_Security_Pricing.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	9895

Name:	Multi_Device.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	9896

The multi Device can go on 5 different devices, laptops Desktops, MAC's, Android or 5 different Users, any combo as long as it doesn't exceed 5. Thing with it though, you cant add more to it, or reduce the number.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 21-08-2019 at 08:19 PM.

wainuitech
    hi and thanks for the info. I have been unable to get Press F1 Forum to open for days: Temporary unavailable come up onscreen for past 3-4 days.
    I got an email reply from Chillisoft and the prices quoted were not what as stated from the person I spoke with on the telephone. I add a pic of the email reply showing the prices.
    But at the end of the day I have had to do away with the Eset IS that I bought and installed, simply because it is too efficient and no good for a gamer such as me. As I said: it had deleted my sniper4 DX11 and DX12 exe's and I could not Restore / add to exclusions. I decided to copy and save the 'Game Save' folder, delete the Sniper Game, disable Eset, reinstall the game, add all the Exclusions of the exes/shortcuts in Eset IS while it was disabled and drop the Save game folder into the fresh instal of the game. Well that worked a treat. However, as soon as I enabled Eset all that I had set to be excluded and NOT be scanned were wiped out in a flash. I also had set EIS to not scan any of the 4 external HDD's and it did! Now as far as I am concerned the EIS I purchased is completely ignoring my 'commands' and settings and giving me the finger.
    So what I did was uninstall the Sniper game, and EIS, reinstalled the Sniper game and the Comodo IS I have used for years, Gone into Comodo quarantine and restored the games .exes and shortcuts, dropped the Game save folder into the Game instal Dir and the game plays without a problem at all.
    There was nothing else I could do and I contacted Eset asking them why the EIS I had was ignoring the exclusions I had laid out in the setup and I still today not had any reply.
    So, I have a new EIS that I bought from Antivirus4U.net for $48.00 which is going nowhere but to age and expire, unless I build another Computer and use that for anything but gaming and encoding.
    Shrug.
    Cheers
    Garry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESET PRICES QUOTES.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	9899  
    Last edited by kioti; 27-08-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Can the NOD Internet Security key be used on a NOD32 AV install ?
    Ive never tried.

Ive never liked the all singing all dancing coffemaking do-everything Internet Security suites.
    I prefer the more basic, standard AV packages.

Antivirus4U.net , thats Panda AV ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Can the NOD Internet Security key be used on a NOD32 AV install ?
    Ive never tried.

Ive never liked the all singing all dancing coffemaking do-everything Internet Security suites.
    I prefer the more basic, standard AV packages.

Antivirus4U.net , thats Panda AV ?
    Hi. I didn't try to use the EIS License key I had purchased with the EIS Software to attempt to use the license key to activate/instal Nod32. I had a 30 day Trial version of Eset Internet Security and mentioned that I did not want to uninstall the Trial version of EIS because I thought that would have taken the deleted game .exe's with it. So I asked if I could use the legit license I had purchased from Antivirus4U.net and enter it into the Trial Version to make the Trial a Full active licensed version and in doing so would have still seen the deleted game exe's and have been able to ''Restore and add to exclusions'. Simple answer was no I could not use the license for EIS that I purchased through Antivirus4U.net to make the Trial Version of EIS I dloaded from Eset Site. I tried , it failed, so I took a guess and figured that I would have to buy a license directly from Eset to remove the 'Trial' Status of the Internet Security software that I had installed.
    So I uninstalled the Trial, installed the version I had purchased and used the License that was supplied with the EIS from Antivirus4U.net, after I had copied /saved the Game.s 'Save Game' folder to an external HDD. Reason being I would uninstall / reinstall the game and be able to drop the Save Game folder into the dir where it is stored ( C:\Users> User name>Appdata>Local>Game name Folder>PC_ProfileSaves.)
    Upon installing the purchased EIS and using the License key supplied, another of my 'hopes' was dashed: The deleted exes still showed in the Eset IS Quarantine and the 'greyed out' option to 'Restore and add to exclusions' had not been made ungreyed out and usable. Gordon Bennett. Would ya Adam and Eve it!?
    So as already said, I uninstalled the PC Game and Eset IS, reinstalled and Disabled Eset until reboot and set about reinstalling the PC Game. an hour later when Game installed I then entered Eset 'Tools' 'More Tools' and added the Paths to the Game exes and External HDD's that I wished to be Excluded from scans, added the Game save folder into its dir in C:\ drive and all was well. The game would open and I could play it. That all went to custard as soon as I enabled Eset Protection, the game exe's were deleted and could not be restored-added to exclusions. So, I uninstalled both the Game and EIS, reverted to and installed the Comodo IS I have used for years, again reinstalled the PC game, the exe's were quarantined but I was able to "Restore and Unblock for All security components", the game exe's and that's how it is now.
    I have the makings of another PC here, Water cooled running Intel CPU (model I cannot recall of top of head) and all it needs is PSU and GPU and a Tower case, all of which I have available. Might be time to get it up and running and I will use the EIS I have on that.
    Cheers and thanks
    Garry
    ps: "Antivirus4U.net , thats Panda AV ?"... please to explain what you mean by 'That's Panda AV?" ?
    Is this that to which you refer?
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=panda+...19d5f405103f52
    Last edited by kioti; 29-08-2019 at 03:09 AM.