Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Error Code 45. No output to HDMI Television.

Error Code 45. No output to HDMI Television.
    Hi. A couple hours ago my computer went BSOD and closed ofter gathering info to sent to MS.
    I had the Signal to TV from the Radeon Sapphire RX580 GPU and had duplicated display from my Desktop HP v216 LCD monitor set up in Settings > Display
    After computer restarted I have not been able to get any vodeo output to the Samsing Plasma HDTV That I have. I have Checked all drivers, and removed/reseated the Radeon RX580 GPU and still no go.
    GPU has fans spinning and lights up as normal, just no output. The Sapphire Trixx3 opens on screen but has nothing showing apart from the Vega 11 graphics which is the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor / APU
    Possibile it has died???? I Hope not.
    I was reading up about the Error Code 45 but thought I would come here to ask the instant experts

Thanks in advance

Garry

https://windows10skill.com/fix-code-...-the-computer/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CODE 45.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	9873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRIX.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	9874  
    Last edited by kioti; 19-08-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Default Re: Error Code 45. No output to HDMI Television.

Stupid question but are you running the latest or at least a recent driver version?

AMD is not known for their "timely" driver updating.

Trying uninstalling the AMD drivers for your card and then re-install. If the issue persists... go back one driver version and see if the issue re-occurs.

Cheers

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 4.7GHz (XMP)
    Corsair Hydro 100x
    16GB DDR4 G-Skill Ripjaws V
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Water-Cooled eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ---> NZXT G12 (Corsair H55)
    Corsair Crystal 460X & TX650M PSU

Extra info and BS log file. The pic that shows the Device Manager twice shows that I can only see the Radeon RX580 GPU and the Non-PnP Monitor/s after I have clicked the "View" tab at top of Device Manager requesting it to "Show Hidden Devices"..... has me wondering how/why a non connected device can be shown as 'Hidden". Clicking the 'Properties' of both the RX580 GPU and the non pnp monitor shows the error cade 45 and states that the 'device's' are not connected.. All that I see is on the Desktop Monitor being send video data from the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU.
    I also ran sfc / scannow and post a pic of the result, Also, a MediaFire link to the CBS log file.
    Cheers

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zy3b8...i/CBS.log/file

Name:	SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES IN TASK MANAGER.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	9876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFC SCANNOW.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	9877  

Cool Re: Error Code 45. No output to HDMI Television.

Problem is solved, how I do not know.
    At 2:40am, I opted to do System Restore back 3 days to last restore point created. Fell asleep waiting for completion as it started Restoring Registry, , woke at 5:30am, Restoring Registry still being done. Ten minutes later I decided that's enough and have had System Restore do the exact same thing before but all the night while I slept 7 hours. So I Powered down/off the Computer and restarted it. When the Sigh in screen came up it showed on both monitors.
    There was a notice onscreen informing me that System Restore hadn't completed and system files hadn't been changed. Truly amazing that is. A miracle.
    Pic 1-- Sys Res not completed--- Pic 2 from left to right: Device Manager,--- Dev Manager showing 'Hidden devices',--- RX580 Properties and Generic PNP Properties for Samsung TV.
    Pic 3--New elevated sfc /scannow.--- Pic 4--- Settings>Dislpay all good--- PIC 5--Sapphire Trixx 30 app working now.
    Link to Mediafire download of the New sfc /scannow CBS Log file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jriwe...82%29.log/file

Thanks. Anyone possibly enlighten me as to shy-how an incomplete Syst Restore saved the day??

Name:	SYSTEM RESTORE NO COMPLETE.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	9885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALL DISPLAYS WORKING.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW SFC SCANNOW.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	9887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SETTINGS_DISPLAY.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	9888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRIXX 30  WORKING.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	9889  

Last edited by kioti; 20-08-2019 at 07:33 AM.

chiefnz.
    hi. Yep all latest drivers for the Ryzen 5 2400G and the Radeon RX580. Sorry for late reply. I went out to town shopping immediately after I posted the Thread and when I looked back on my return at 8pm I must have missed your reply and do apologise.
    I was thinking it possibly be drivers issue and was going to look into doing as you suggested: uninstalling (using the DDU app) and then reinstalling them but didn't start to do those things, mainly because I was wondering the possibilities as to why a device is 'hidden' yet shows as not being connected to (in?) the computer. Thinking is it showing the RX580 as Hidden because of the Driver being installed but the GPU was Not connected …. as in, the GPU was dead but its' Drivers were being seen (un-hidden)
    All is functioning now after the 'incomplete Sys Restore I just posted about.

Thanks for your reply.
    Garry

chiefnz
    I correct myself, the driver running the RX580 GPU is not the latest from AMD Radeon for the card. I did get the latest driver from AMD Site but it wouldn't work and was troublesome. The card was running on the same driver as the Ryzen 5 2400G So, I installed the Crimson 19.6.3 Beta driver that came on the CD with the card.
    Being able to have the latest driver would be a plus. I may uninstall the Crimson beta driver and use AMD Auto Detect to find the latest driver for the card. Strange thing is about 4-5 months ago, the last time I attempted using that facility I was informed that their is no AMD Hardware installed (?? ? ) yet I had the RX580 and the Vega11 integrated in the Ryzen 5 APU. I did eventually find the latest updated driver and downloaded / installed it but, as I said, it was troublesome, so I uninstalled it. I may do another 'Auto-detect' today and if I still do not have any AMD Hardware ( ) I will try the driver I downloaded to see what transpires.
    Cheers.

The CBS log shows a lot of corrupted entries relating to Windows-Defender, so that may have gone tits up
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The CBS log shows a lot of corrupted entries relating to Windows-Defender, so that may have gone tits up
    Windows Defender... #useless

Garry, yeah "beta" drivers are never a good idea but glad you solved things in the end even if it was in a somewhat dubious manner. That's what we in the IT Biz call a "Successful with issues" change

To Wainui's point about Windows Defender.... are you using it or do you have a 3rd party AV/firewall running. As Wainui said it would not be a surprise if WD spat the dummy and went tits up for some inexplicable but MS justified reason... such as it being a SPOS

#GOTEAMGREEN for GPU

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 4.7GHz (XMP)
    Corsair Hydro 100x
    16GB DDR4 G-Skill Ripjaws V
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Water-Cooled eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ---> NZXT G12 (Corsair H55)
    Corsair Crystal 460X & TX650M PSU

wainuitech
    Hi. Windows Defender is turned off. All Security is now handled by Eset Internet Security v 12. Is a trial version and I am deciding whether to buy a license for it or to get Eset Nod32 v12. If I get the Nod32 AV then I will be using Windows defender firewall. Both Eset apps are on special at the moment so which would you recommend ? I think the IS would be the one to go for. I can actually buy a 1PC 1year license for either of them for $10US cheaper than shown in this link https://www.eset.com/us/
    Cheers
    Garry
    Last edited by kioti; 20-08-2019 at 12:00 PM.

chiefnz
    Hi. Yep and if I had read ALL of the info in the link about doing the sfc /scannow, and had rebooted computer after the initial scan as it said to do, then just maybe I wouldn't have had to do a System Restore as the Hidden device may have decided to do a Lazarus and burst into life because I had terminated the Resurrector and removed its Power because it gave me the impression it was in a Phase-locked loop
    I am running Eset Internet Security, 30 day trial, Win Defender is turned off. Thinking I will purchase a 1year license for 1PC for the Eset IS. It's cheap enough really and is excellent app, now I know how to use it.
    As for the beta driver, I used the autodetect facility, it suggested two and recommended one of them so I got that. It installed the 'new' driver which is a version less than that which was installed and its still Beta (never said it was beta when it auto detected the driver). I used Device Manager to update and it installed an update, but, in the Sapphire Trixx3 app, it still shows as being beta! I will go seek out a non beta latest full driver for the RX580 from AMD Support/Drivers.
    May do the full DISM tests after lunch.
    Cheers
    Garry
    Last edited by kioti; 20-08-2019 at 12:26 PM.