Thread: Remote sensing

Default Remote sensing

We have a split level house with a double garage with two doors under the bedrooms. The garage doors are tilt type driven by two auto openers and are not visible from the house. Recently we had a burglary with several items including wine , battery electric drill, battery line trimmer, and leaf blower/vacuum, were stolen. I want to install something with switches on the doors, and alight maybe a flashing one in the house, to warn of open doors. I would prefer a wireless connection if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: Remote sensing

You could put in some sort of Pressure type switch, that when the doors are closed the circuit is disconnected, when they open it reconnects the circuit and either lights come on, siren sounds or a message sent. BUT that would be a pITA after a while every time someone opened the doors, either yourself or family, you'll get a racket

Then again you can always install security Cameras, they have options to send a message, alarm etc, capture the pricks who broke in and at least the cops would have something to go on.

Just changing mine over at the moment, and I can tell you , had to adjust the settings a bit The ones in the workshop - every time I walk in the door or move I get a message every 2 seconds on my phone saying intruder alert LOL.

AND the night vision / inferred ( at night) on them is brilliant. When I put the ones in the workshop I had to go back out to check I didn't leave a light on somewhere it was so clear.

Like these from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com I got the POE because even with wireless you need some sort of power going to them, so why not just run cable.

Have a look on that site theres plenty to select from all different sorts, search for security.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	9868
    Last edited by wainuitech; 18-08-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Adding to above, forgot the obvious, install a security system, you turn them off when people are home, or in the garage have isolated so as soon as there's any movement it triggers the alarm. The alarms for inside are usually set so if triggered you have so many seconds to turn it off Via a pin code or remote, OR you can have them set so there's no delay.

Eg, your garage doors, the moment they open, movement detected an alarm goes off.

Offer the zoo free overnight board for one of their lions in your garage. The problem should disappear.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

We have an alarm system with a keyboard and 2 small remotes. One in the car and one usually beside our bed. Now that SWMBO and I are in our mid+ 70s we have started alarming the system with the bedside remote when we go to bed. The only thing is, we have to remember to turn it off if one of us had to go out of the bedroom. (We have an ensuite so it would only be to make a cuppa if we couldn't sleep)

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    We have an alarm system with a keyboard and 2 small remotes. One in the car and one usually beside our bed. Now that SWMBO and I are in our mid+ 70s we have started alarming the system with the bedside remote when we go to bed. The only thing is, we have to remember to turn it off if one of us had to go out of the bedroom. (We have an ensuite so it would only be to make a cuppa if we couldn't sleep)

Ken
    i reckon you'd definitely want the alarm to go off if you start making a cuppa while you sleep.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Thanks for the various bits of advice, I have figured out howI can use a micro switch on the door, and where I want a warning light in the hall. I would prefer a wireless connection if I can get it; Jaycar couldn't help, has anyone any ideas? as I am in my early(?) eighties, I don't fancy crawling round under the house!

Jaycar have a remote double relay that you could use to turn on a lamp or buzzer or both at the same time.

https://www.jaycar.co.nz/relay-contr...e-12v/p/LR8855

pcsourcepoint

Wireless would be the way - and with a customization App, that perhaps connects to the Google home App for further enhancement. Control and monitor from anywhere on a smartphone. But... even sound did not help an Aunt of mine years ago. The "intruder" was a nephew of hers (a rogue 2nd or 3rd cousin of mine), who helped himself in her house, without her knowing, to live in, party up, etc whilst she was abroad for over a month. If she had told her neighbors to peek on her home - who assumed all was OK with him present. He probably lied to them.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)