Thread: W10 Game Bar

Default W10 Game Bar

This is the situation - I have some video, with audio, playing in the web browser. Start recording the screen using the W10 Game Bar DVR, record for 20 - 30mins, all goes well.

But play the recording back, in MPCHC, and after about 8 to 10 minutes, the audio starts to become garbled. It worsens over a minute or two, becomes almost unintelligible. Then after a few more minutes, it comes back to sounding absolutely normal. Same happens regardless of what is used to play it.

This audio effect always happens on any recording made in this way. Any thoughts on what is happening please? Using W10 64bit 1903.

So then I put another HDD with an older W10 still on it, W10 32 bit 1709, into the same computer, and recordings made as above have no audio problem!
    Done some internet searching regarding this, but nothing quite like it found.

Default Re: W10 Game Bar

Try Disable Audio Enhancements.

In Search type in control - Open control Panel , Follow instructions from "The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device Speakers/Headphones and select Properties."

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disab...nts-windows-10
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks wainuitech. I checked the enhancements on the Playback tab, Default device etc, but there were no ticks in the four boxes. I put a tick in the turn off all enhancements box, just to cover all bases, but on another record test, the fault is still there. Hmm...

I replaced the W10 1903 installation with 1803 (clean install), and the above fault with the Game Bar DVR has gone.