Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Americans are shooting each other yet again

Guns dont kill people, but bullets do.
    What a stupid argument, claiming guns dont kill people. No one was ever killed by pointing a finger and going bang, yet look at all the gun related deaths .

More people killed in car accidents. Thats true.
    And thats why cars road drivers are heavily regulated in every country.

If guns are so safe, get rid of all the gun regulations. Let anyone buy one without a lic or background check .
    If NZ banned the sale of assault type weapons when they should have, we wouldnt be in the mess we are now.

If the UK had US's gun laws, there would have been considerably more deaths than when extremists had to use trucks and knives instead.
    The UK current stabbing epidemic would be a shooting epidemic with more bystanders killed if guns were easy to get there.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Guns dont kill people, but bullets do.
    What a stupid argument, claiming guns dont kill people. No one was ever killed by pointing a finger and going bang, yet look at all the gun related deaths .

More people killed in car accidents. Thats true.
    And thats why cars road drivers are heavily regulated in every country.

If guns are so safe, get rid of all the gun regulations. Let anyone buy one without a lic or background check .
    If NZ banned the sale of assault type weapons when they should have, we wouldnt be in the mess we are now.

If the UK had US's gun laws, there would have been considerably more deaths than when extremists had to use trucks and knives instead.
    The UK current stabbing epidemic would be a shooting epidemic with more bystanders killed if guns were easy to get there.
    You appear to be missing one major point. Only law abiding people take notice of laws. Criminals could not care less what the law says.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    You appear to be missing one major point. Only law abiding people take notice of laws. Criminals could not care less what the law says.
    You are absolutely right to a point Clive, but it doesn't justify doing nothing.

Military Style Automatic weapons should be completly outlawed except for the Military - finish.

Yes I know that will produce a bigger Black Market as with drugs. However, every time a shipment gets confiscated someone doesn't get paid, plus the Supply & Demand equation has to be rewritten.

As far as I'm concerned it is our duty to inconvenience the Crims at every opportunity, even if we know we're not going to stop the lot in the short term.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

What you anti gun clowns dont know is as well as many military style semi automatics they have practically banned all semi automatics except for .22s. The fukks have even limited the mag capacity on them. They forget 100,000 right leaning gun owners are voters. This will at least get rid of the filth commie government next elections I hope.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Prefect-- Since you seem to want to make the gun laws like the USA, WHY ??

For what purpose-- Its NOT defending yourself, guns are used to Kill, be it animals or humans.

I highly doubt you'd just walk down the street and shoot someone simply because you don't like the looks of them.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Interesting that National didn't oppose the changes. I have no issue with banning semi autos even though I am a firearms owner, for any hunting in NZ a single shot bolt action really is all you need.

My .22 has a 5 shot magazine which is all that's allowed but its not a semi as I still have to manually cycle the bolt to load another round.

I like the open carry thing some states have, guns should be normalized they are only tools. When I was at school I bought in Dads .22 (14 shot Remington Nylon 66) for a science experiment. Now coming to school for me was 45 minutes in one bus, walk across a bridge which the bus cant cross because of its weight walk 1/2 mile to another bus then 30 minutes to High School. I didnt have the gun in a cover or anything it was no problem. Males at my school were encouraged to go down to the Feds and get a gun licence (sit a test) God knows maybe the girls at school were encouraged to join a knitting guild I dont know but for boys getting a gun and gun permit to shoot animals in a rural area was normal as having a beer after carting hay. To me guns are completely normal. I remember buying my first gun a Parker Hale .303 Jungle Carbine parking my car near the library in Motueka and walking down into High street down to the cop shop to register the gun, no cover no problems completely normal in my day. Imagine the scene in our sick society now it would make the 6 PM news.
    Some of you anti gun pricks cant get it in to your thick heads driving car which is around 1 ton of steel at a 100kph is dangerous as well.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I like the open carry thing some states have, guns should be normalized they are only tools. When I was at school I bought in Dads .22 (14 shot Remington Nylon 66) for a science experiment. Now coming to school for me was 45 minutes in one bus, walk across a bridge which the bus cant cross because of its weight walk 1/2 mile to another bus then 30 minutes to High School. I didnt have the gun in a cover or anything it was no problem. Males at my school were encouraged to go down to the Feds and get a gun licence (sit a test) God knows maybe the girls at school were encouraged to join a knitting guild I dont know but for boys getting a gun and gun permit to shoot animals in a rural area was normal as having a beer after carting hay. To me guns are completely normal. I remember buying my first gun a Parker Hale .303 Jungle Carbine parking my car near the library in Motueka and walking down into High street down to the cop shop to register the gun, no cover no problems completely normal in my day. Imagine the scene in our sick society now it would make the 6 PM news.
    Some of you anti gun pricks cant get it in to your thick heads driving car which is around 1 ton of steel at a 100kph is dangerous as well.
    Prefect, “Old Son” I hear what you’re saying, but you really must move forward.

We are not in the 50’s/60’s anymore.

The “PC” brigade has left us with an outrageous number of “Nutters” and you, and I, and others, are stuck with them.

Returning to the “Automatic Weapon” situation, I’ve embarrassed myself “target shooting” over 25 yards with a “Bren”.

The bottom line is “Real Men” don’t need “Automatic Weapons” or “Nuclear Bombs”.

Personally, I wouldn’t embarrass myself by picking up an automatic weapon.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    Now coming to school for me was 45 minutes in one bus, walk across a bridge which the bus cant cross because of its weight walk 1/2 mile to another bus then 30 minutes to High School

for boys getting a gun and gun permit to shoot animals in a rural area was normal as having a beer after carting hay. .
    You know mu husband grew up in the '50s in a rural area.
    He did not have a gun.
    He wandered the bush, he carried a knife, fished out of streams, cooked over a fire after, all at primary school age.
    A gun for what?

A tool? It has one purpose only, To fire a projectile into a living creature and kill it.
    Automatic rifles? Well I guess if you want your rabbit minced before skinning etc...but other than that it is purely a war weapon.

Husband also spent a lot of time working at that age. Weekends, school holidays, in the market gardens, looking after the chooks and so on.
    None of which required guns.

We lived next door to a high school boy, also working after school on farms. He did use a gun on occasion, they used to shoor geese on the farm.
    he bought us some too.

But it was a single shot gun, like 99% of them owned. And he didn't use it often.

You're just obsessed like the yanks and trying to justify your lust for mass destruction weapons.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    You know mu husband grew up in the '50s in a rural area.
    He did not have a gun.
    He wandered the bush, he carried a knife, fished out of streams, cooked over a fire after, all at primary school age.
    A gun for what?

A tool? It has one purpose only, To fire a projectile into a living creature and kill it.
    Automatic rifles? Well I guess if you want your rabbit minced before skinning etc...but other than that it is purely a war weapon.

Husband also spent a lot of time working at that age. Weekends, school holidays, in the market gardens, looking after the chooks and so on.
    None of which required guns.

We lived next door to a high school boy, also working after school on farms. He did use a gun on occasion, they used to shoor geese on the farm.
    he bought us some too.

But it was a single shot gun, like 99% of them owned. And he didn't use it often.

You're just obsessed like the yanks and trying to justify your lust for mass destruction weapons.
    What an absolute living paragon of virtue this husband of piroska must be

I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen