Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old guy

Default Re: The Americans are shooting each other yet again

It is quite obvious that most peoples knowledge of firearms is obtained from action movies and the like. In point of fact any reasonably skilled person can hit more targets with a bolt action rifle in a shorter time than anyone firing a short barrelled hand held automatic weapon. It is difficult to control a firearm firing on automatic and it is not used by anyone that knows what they are doing.

My point is that if some mentally deficient idiot decides they wish to kill some people there are lots of ways for them to do it and banning or registering anything will not achieve anything to prevent that.

In a crowed building , its far easier to kill more people quickly with a semi auto . You only need to point it in the general direction and you'd hit someone

Sure , mass murders on a killing spree can allyways find a way, eg truck or knives
    but they will be less likely to kill as many

Those "mentally deficient" seem to have far too many assault rifles. They arnt buying up caches of bolt action guns.
    Its the mindset of those insist on having a gun that looks like an assault rifle that bothers me. And their reaction to being told they cant have it.

Just the reaction to the change in law, by some gun nuts , shows me they arnt fit and proper people and shouldnt be allowed any guns.
    Last edited by 1101; 08-08-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It is quite obvious that most peoples knowledge of firearms is obtained from action movies and the like.
    Mine is.

I saw the Sig Sauer's (sp) that the US Army adopted and thought they looked like a kid's toy. Even the Glocks' seemed average, but at least you wouldn't die from laughter having one pointed at ya.

I'd want a Desert Eagle.

Can't copy the actual video link for some reason but the ghist of it is:

Note...

For those who need the conversion 900 meters is right at 1,000 yards. You do realise that this “action” to protect troops was possible because Trump took the ridiculous rules of engagement restrictions away.

If Obama was still president they would have had to “call in” for each shot, because I guess we wouldn’t want to be mean to the Islamist trying to kill our troops.

After all it’s not war, it’s some sort of political game to the Liberals and Left. Now you wonder why we were able to rout ISIS so quickly after Trump was elected.

Sniper Fire (Forwarded as received from retired LEO - DF) You’ll never see it in the news but goes on all the time in the Middle East. You don’t want a US military sniper after you.

These shots were from 900 meters ——at night.

High tech stuff..

I think the count was about 20 isis and all were head shots by the one sniper.

It was not comfortable to watch!.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It is quite obvious that most peoples knowledge of firearms is obtained from action movies and the like. In point of fact any reasonably skilled person can hit more targets with a bolt action rifle in a shorter time than anyone firing a short barrelled hand held automatic weapon. It is difficult to control a firearm firing on automatic and it is not used by anyone that knows what they are doing.

My point is that if some mentally deficient idiot decides they wish to kill some people there are lots of ways for them to do it and banning or registering anything will not achieve anything to prevent that.
    The problem is the Commies have banned all autos even the non military sporting ones. Semi auto is good for hunting because you can get 2 shots away before the animal knows he is being shot at, if you miss you cant tell me you can fire at a running animal easier with a bolt action over a semi.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

I'm just going to leave this here. https://twitter.com/amnesty/status/1159193528787963905
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post
    BS
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

VoidMaster

Ummmmmm Re:

"After all it’s not war, it’s some sort of political game to the Liberals and Left. Now you wonder why we were able to rout ISIS so quickly after Trump was elected."

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/p...19-8?r=US&IR=T
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Looks like more tidying up to do. By the maths in the quote US would only need 700 snipers instead of the 50,000 troops they would normally send to get under one another's feet and friendly fire.

Mind you snipers' did not do well in the Iraq war.

lurking.