Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spark product recall

Last edited by kenj; 03-08-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Default Re: Spark product recall

Spark has determined that some of the devices, which enable the use of landline phones during power cuts, have 'incorrectly placed wiring' due to a manufacturing error, which could cause the devices to overheat and catch fire.

Er...is it that important to make a call during an outage? Would you not use a cellphone?
    Wiring error...LOL. CHina?
    Ex-pctek

Ah, more Ch quality.
    Send out good quality for evaluation, when you get the order sent out the junk.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Er...is it that important to make a call during an outage? Would you not use a cellphone?
    Wiring error...LOL. CHina?
    Not all folk have cellphones. My 87 yr old friend had his phone changed in May. Got all confused when I rang him about the fault, so got SWMBO to take me round and I disconnected it for him. (They haven't got a cellphone.)

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Cellphones were down in the aftermath of both of the major earthquakes in Canterbury. The only thing that would work was a landline phone under certain circumstances (ie when there was a power supply). If I remember correctly, the cellphone towers were overwhelmed by call volumes.

VoidMaster

John H, you remember correctly, the only thing that remained working in the first 24 hours after the quakes were the copper land lines, cell phones overloaded, texting very sporadic, any VOIP not working unless battery backup because mains power was off for a day or two, longer some locations.

I am just trying to change my provider from Spark because of pricing on ADSL with copper phone line, all the smaller providers don't even offer copper phone line and all I have phoned can't understand why I don't want to change to Fibre or VDSL.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

I am just trying to change my provider from Spark because of pricing on ADSL with copper phone line, all the smaller providers don't even offer copper phone line and all I have phoned can't understand why I don't want to change to Fibre or VDSL.

Try here
    https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/

With ADSL, you'll be paying more for the copper line 'rental' . So you might save maybee $10 going elsewhere ?

John H, you remember correctly, the only thing that remained working in the first 24 hours after the quakes were the copper land lines, cell phones overloaded, texting very sporadic, any VOIP not working unless battery backup because mains power was off for a day or two, longer some locations.

The only reason that landlines kept going were that they are on copper. These wireless and or fiber units will stop unless there is a battery backup as soon as the power goes off.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

And why don't you?
    VDSL is still copper....if you must.

Just because you may not be able to panic ring people in the event of a disaster?
    Ex-pctek

And why don't you?
    VDSL is still copper....if you must.

Just because you may not be able to panic ring people in the event of a disaster?
    Ex-pctek