Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VoidMaster

Default Re: Reset to factory settings Window 7

Make sure you have written down your Registration code for Windows 7 and the exact version of Win 7 you have, have a look at this page, scroll down a bit:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/...nd-product-key

How to find specs on PC?
    Find operating system info in Windows 7

Select the Start. button, type Computer in the search box, right-click on Computer, and then select Properties.
    Under Windows edition, you'll see the version and edition of Windows that your device is running.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 01-08-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

Also you could:

type "msinfo32" in Run dialog, and click on OK button, leave the "'s out of the typing.

Click "Start" and you will see "Run"

What 1101 said is a good idea and reasonably simple without pitfalls I hope.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 01-08-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseJ View Post
    I have just realised that I can download Windows 7 and make an installation disk/usb if the factory reset fails and I get into trouble. Thank you for prodding me in on this one. I have no idea why I didn't think to see if I could do this. I would then be far more confident in attempting to upgrade to Win10 once that was done. Thank you again.
    If a restore via a factory reset fails and you reinstall W7 Fresh, DONT use the embedded Licence key that some key finders will show, USUALLY IT WONT ACTIVATE as its a Acer Key that Acer Use when creating the OEM Images ( SLP Keys preactivated)
    You'll have to use the product key that's on the Sticker that is meant to be on the Laptop.

What would also be a good idea is to copy the Drivers from the hidden ( generally) folder, or download from Acers site, W7 doesn't have the ability to detect and install them as W10 does.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 01-08-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Just adding to above, if you use a key finder to get the SLP key ( which is what it will be) The link below explains in more detail as to why it more than likely wont work.

https://www.d7xtech.com/tech-info/slp-product-keys/

The time it would work is if at some stage the OS was reinstalled using the OEM key on the Case. ( thats a different key, not SLP)
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.