Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Re: MS Edge Dev Browser

No I was referring to the finished versions.

Plenty of people have left Firefox for Chrome and never come back even though Firefox is now faster, a bare-bones chrome has more functionality than a bare-bones Firefox, you have to put on some addons to make it useful for more than just the most simple browsing, also it went though a few problems a while back which caused people to leave in droves.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Maybe Firefox take away all the bells and whistles in an attempt to make it stable.

There was a saying from a Start Trek Movie - Scotty The engineer said - (And By god his line in the film is TRUE of MANY software programs.)

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
    Which means the more they add "Functions" The easier it is to break it.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 21-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

VoidMaster

Nope that was the philosophy behind Firefox from the beginning, to make a fast, skeletal browser and allow users to add functionality they desired by their choice of addons.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

And by your Own Admission ZQ, the developers of the addons dont keep up with Firefox developers.

the problem is Firefox devs continuously altering their rules for addon's,
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm What could possibly go wrong.

BUT this is NOT a thread on how bad Firefox has become but the New Microsoft Edge, so lets get back on subject eh

VoidMaster

Well yes, but it seems that Edge at its very best is worse than Firefox at its very worst, abilities like copy plain text, copy link location, copy link text are available as addons in Firefox but not in Edge.

If you try Vivaldi you will find that these functions are native, I requested they put them in the early Vivaldi browser and they have been there ever since.

Edge is a washout if it can't do that through addons or natively.

Give me strength,

Well yes, but it seems that Edge at its very best is worse than Firefox at its very worst
    This thread is about The NEW EDGE DEV, which is built from chrome, NOT The original Edge its replacing.

The New Edge DEV is still in development testing so of course its not got lots of features.

If you're such a know all about all browsers I assume you have put forward your suggestions on Edge DEV for addition or improvements?

Not going to reply to any more of your negative posts, since its obvious you cant stay on subject, and all you are concerned about is how firefox has turned to rubbish.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-07-2019 at 09:40 AM.

VoidMaster

Been using SR Ware Iron which is a derivative of Chrome to check my google emails, 5 Profiles in one browser, for as long as I can remember , so yes I know a bit about Chrome and Chromium as well.

I also have Chromium on my computer to use my Chromecast.

Firefox is getting worse from the point of view of the user and all the other browsers are worse than Firefox and they are all slower as well.

Not negative posts just totally on target with an objective assessment compared to my idea of perfection which of course can never be attained.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 22-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.

This thread prompted me to have another look at Edge Dev, and it reminded me why I stopped using it. I couldn't find any way to get it to open to a blank page rather than a whole lot oftems that I'm not interested in.
    Can it be done - just have a blank page?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This thread prompted me to have another look at Edge Dev, and it reminded me why I stopped using it. I couldn't find any way to get it to open to a blank page rather than a whole lot oftems that I'm not interested in.
    Can it be done - just have a blank page?
    EASY

Open the Settings (from 3 dots top right) On Startup - Open a Specific Page or Pages - Add Page - About:Blank - Add.

Close Edge - When it opens it will be completely blank - Nuttin - Ditto - like a ghost

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blank_Page.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	9827

You can remove all the glitz as well - on the start page, top right 3 bars - Custom - Untick.

Name:	Start_Page_Edge.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	9828

You can also set your own Home page in the same manner, instead of about:blank, type in the home page address you want, google, stuff, Herald, whom ever you want.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    EASY

Open the Settings (from 3 dots top right) On Startup - Open a Specific Page or Pages - Add Page - About:Blank - Add.

Close Edge - When it opens it will be completely blank - Nuttin - Ditto - like a ghost

Name:	Blank_Page.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	9827

You can remove all the glitz as well - on the start page, top right 3 bars - Custom - Untick.

Name:	Start_Page_Edge.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	9828
    I may be wrong but I think that has changed since I last visited. I'd tried that and it didn't seem to work back then. I've now had another look, and set the "New tab" option to focused, and "start up" to new tab. That gives me a minimalist but not totally blank page.
    Thanks WT.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.