Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PM stranded in Oz

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Just imagine the huge outcry if John Key ever did that.

Not to mention the kindergarten-like taunts from your lot.

JK spent the last year+ as PM just doing overseas jaunts . We later found out why: he no longer had any interest in the job.

I cant see the issue with the PM visiting pacific islands . We know damn well the Chinese govt is with cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    JK spent the last year+ as PM just doing overseas jaunts . We later found out why: he no longer had any interest in the job.

I cant see the issue with the PM visiting pacific islands . We know damn well the Chinese govt is with cash in hand.
    Let's just match the Chinese money and chuck a few billions at them and forget about the NZ health system.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Don't you think this is what we have a Minister of Foreign Affairs for? But the issue is, this is the first visit by a senior member of government to Tokelau since 2004 because nobody thought it was important enough. Until some family birthdays / reunion beckoned, co-incidentally on the same weekend.

As Mike Hosking observed this morning, There's a damn sight more important stuff for the PM to get her head around back home than swanning around the Pacific on an Airforce 757. (swanning - my words)
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Politicians travel has always been a con job . Allways

Spending $60k a year on taxi's because one didnt want to drive himself to the airport & back
    overseas travel at the same time & city as Rugby tests
    Junkets to conferences, those conferences allways seemingly in a fab city like Paris or Las Vegas

JA is doing nothing that nearly every politician has been doing for the last 25+ years , so why bother to single her out ?
    PM doesnt actually run the country, there is no need for her to allways be here . No different to when JK was away for most of the year, seemingly that was somehow OK

Im not a labor supporter btw , I just dont like double standards. If it was OK for J.Key .....

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Shonkey and his minions did wonderous dodgy things for 9 years so what's the issue here?
    The John Key government was useless and so is the current government. Nothing changes.

JA is doing nothing that nearly every politician has been doing for the last 25+ years , so why bother to single her out ?
    A valid point, however she is being "singled out" because she's the current PM.

When she isn't and someone else is, they will be singled out. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    A valid point, however she is being "singled out" because she's the current PM.

When she isn't and someone else is, they will be singled out. And so on.
    Not on this forum they won't be as Nats can do no wrong and some such as Prefect worship the ground they walk on.

Why should New Zealand be responsible for the welfare of the Tokelau's? If they hope to compete with the Chinese - forget it! Actually, I don't believe that China would be interested in the Tokelau's, what for? They usually go for minerals, and other resources.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    80 miles?
    Ouch. 80 metres of course. Bad PJ.
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    .... I don't believe that China would be interested in the Tokelau's, what for? They usually go for minerals, and other resources.
    They are buying international 'friend's : votes in the UN, future navel bases, loans later used to gain undue influence over small countries , pushing out US influence .
    On the other hand, NZ Aus US have a poor history of how we dealt with PI nations . Would Ch be any worse ?