Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Older by the minute

Default Re: PM stranded in Oz

I'm sure that it was last Tuesday when talking with Hosking that the fairy princess said that the 737 was perfectly serviceable and did not need replacement. Hosking corrected her and referred to the 757. She seemed adamant that it was a 737 they were discussing. Bit out of her depth and uninformed I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I have the same problem with my walking frame at the moment. It's a bit of a worry.

Ken
    I must have the same model as yours. Mine doesn't like more than an 80m walk there & 80m back before it gets very wheel weary. PJ.
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa John View Post
    I must have the same model as yours. Mine doesn't like more than an 80m walk there & 80m back before it gets very wheel weary. PJ.
    80 miles?
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    80 miles?
    C'mon prefect, PJ and I need that sort of distance, we have "rocket assist" on our speed frames.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Why didn't the PM get a ticket on Air New Zealand? Save money with no hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Why didn't the PM get a ticket on Air New Zealand? Save money with no hassles.
    When asked that ? she summed up with:

a) we had an entourage, and
    b) we're entitled to use it as it's there

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    When asked that ? she summed up with:

a) we had an entourage, and
    b) we're entitled to use it as it's there
    Worth a read:

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will visit Tokelau this weekend.

It’s the first trip to the territory by a prime minister since Helen Clark in 2004 and comes as part of the government’s Pacific Reset strategy.
    Announcing details of the trip on Monday, Ms Ardern acknowledged 15 years was a long time.
    “Tokelau’s remoteness and perhaps difficulty in accessing it has meant that it’s not had the attention that it deserves. Particularly as it is at significant risk of devastating impacts linked to climate change.”

Jacinda Ardern said she will visit Tokelau’s three atolls and discuss priorities on climate change, health, education and culture.
    She will be there until 1 August.

RNZ.

It sounds like a bit of overkill for a tiny, remote island in the Pacific. It may be a long time since anyone has visited, but surely that is because there is little reason to visit, right?

Well, no. Not so if you are Jacinda Ardern. The following excerpt is from March 2018.

Jacinda Ardern’s father Ross Ardern will step down as the High Commissioner to Niue when his tenure ends in May, and has been posted to Tokelau.
    The position in Niue would be taken over by diplomat and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade agriculture development manager Kirk Yates.

Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Peters said the administrator’s role was to ensure appropriate public services were delivered to New Zealand citizens living in Tokelau, and to help manage the relationship between the two countries.
    “Mr Ardern’s experience as a High Commissioner, his extensive understanding of the Pacific, and distinguished career with New Zealand Police make him an ideal candidate for this role and I have no doubt he will make a major contribution to the relationship between New Zealand and Tokelau,” Peters said.

Stuff.

So she is spending 6 days in the Pacific, celebrating her birthday, over the weekend.

So which angle shall we take on this? We could start with the ‘jobs for the boys’ angle, as Ardern Senior was appointed to the role in May last year.

Or we could go with the fact that this time she really is using the RNZAF 757 for what is obviously a personal trip, to get some family time and do very little… which is pretty much all she does anyway.

Can you imagine the howls of rage if John Key had done this? Even if this is a genuine diplomatic trip (which I really doubt) it is all about the look of the thing. She ought to know not to time her trip to coincide with her birthday, which is obviously family time.
    Oh, and let's not forget Adern snr also has a birthday the same week ...

I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Shonkey and his minions did wonderous dodgy things for 9 years so what's the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Worth a read:

Oh, and let's not forget Adern snr also has a birthday the same week ...

yeah..but...she'll stump up some loony Left excuse, and pray for the vulnerable, and maybe have a wee cry, and then her poll ratings will go up 5% for a week, so it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Shonkey and his minions did wonderous dodgy things for 9 years so what's the issue here?
    Just imagine the huge outcry if John Key ever did that.

Not to mention the kindergarten-like taunts from your lot.

I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen