Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New World fight with manager - literally

I think they spray water onto cut meat to add wait to it. Saw them spraying in one of the butchers in AKL.

I went to NW in Lower Hutt this am. Needed garlic. approx. 15 cloves. Not jar rubbish.
    They didn't have any. Zip. Nada. It's Saturday morning for crissakes! It's when people who work for a living go shopping.
    Someone who had English as a 14th language went to look - came back and ignored me. So I asked them what happened to the garlic. Apparently there was none anywhere.
    Major supermarket, in a major urban area, on Saturday morning had no effing garlic.

Left my shopping and walked out. Useless bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    I think they spray water onto cut meat to add wait to it. Saw them spraying in one of the butchers in AKL.
    Er...no. That would just make it wet.

" Is beef and lamb pumped up with water?

No. This is illegal. Only cured meat such as corned silverside is allowed to receive additional water.

Lean muscle fibres in meat are made up of 50-75% water. This natural moisture in meat contributes to its juiciness.

-beeflambnz"

However bacon can be, and other processed meat.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    I went to NW in Lower Hutt this am. Needed garlic. approx. 15 cloves. Not jar rubbish.
    They didn't have any. Zip. Nada. It's Saturday morning for crissakes! It's when people who work for a living go shopping.
    Someone who had English as a 14th language went to look - came back and ignored me. So I asked them what happened to the garlic. Apparently there was none anywhere.
    Major supermarket, in a major urban area, on Saturday morning had no effing garlic.

Left my shopping and walked out. Useless bastards.
    I had worked in the supermarket industry for almost 5 years. In that time I have seen numerous instances of staff not bothering to go look for products or not even make an attempt to locate what the customer was after. Most times in the supermarket I worked they would wander out to the storeroom for a few minutes talk to their mates and go back out to the shop and tell the customer they had none of the product.

Our bosses wanted us to take the customer to the product. Most times staff just pointed and said it was two aisles over or something. Whenever I was asked where something was I got the customer to follow and Iíd show them where the product is and if it wasnít there Iíd head out to the storeroom to find it.

Since I have left that job, that particular store has really gone down hill with crap staff that donít have a damn clue what they are doing and really donít look happy at their job. Mind you the pay is crap for starters.

Good on you Piroska the New World Butcher's behaviour was abominable. It does not seem if you got your money back. I would report this incident to a) Foodstuffs HO and also Consumer Watch dog or the relevant National Food safety organisation (I cannot know their exact names. It is so easy to suffer illness from "off" meat.
    Although it is a while since I have bought fresh meat from 2 or 3 Countdown Stores in Auckland and taken it back (promptly with receipt)-no problems getting a refund or replacement although sometimes the staff member called for a supervisor.

Old dick-head

Quote Originally Posted by QW. View Post
    . Mind you the pay is crap for starters.
    Now you have hit the nail on the head ! This is the answer for lots of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    I would report this incident to a) Foodstuffs HO and also Consumer Watch dog .
    I did.
    And the local news.
    New World HO just flicked me off with the "Store owner will contact you".

Commerce, just got a form letter back.

News lady rang today and is going back to them.
    They said the Label printer was broken.
    Uhuh, I used to fix those things at F&P...broken how>
    Broken so that it prints a new label with same price per kg, weight but different dates?

The price was different, and that was a mistake, I checked it. WHy not just say that? We had the price wrong.

But no, I get machine was broken.
    And then this dick sniggering and snatching labels off me and hiding them behind his back, then a wrestling match for me to get them bvack.

Thats what pissed me off the most.

Reporter says it's a he says, she says.
    Yeah sure, I told her it should all be on their cameras....
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    I did.
    And the local news.
    New World HO just flicked me off with the "Store owner will contact you".

Commerce, just got a form letter back.

News lady rang today and is going back to them.
    They said the Label printer was broken.
    Uhuh, I used to fix those things at F&P...broken how>
    Broken so that it prints a new label with same price per kg, weight but different dates?

The price was different, and that was a mistake, I checked it. WHy not just say that? We had the price wrong.

But no, I get machine was broken.
    And then this dick sniggering and snatching labels off me and hiding them behind his back, then a wrestling match for me to get them bvack.

Thats what pissed me off the most.

Reporter says it's a he says, she says.
    Yeah sure, I told her it should all be on their cameras....
    She took it.

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    It might have been fly spray. In one Birkenhead mall supermarket they have done that at least once in the veg dept., the person spraying said it was for health reasons!!! I don't shop there now, the veg may contain a bit extra and the fly spray could have a bit missing.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.