Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	9822

Kind of...
    Ex-pctek

Default Re: More Power Over Firefox Updates etc

I see that if you update the last couple of versions of firefox it wont except video downloader or internet download manager which is a pain. I have had to use a eariler version of firefox so i can have them as addons.
    Any suggestions how i can get around this promblem

VoidMaster

Probably the devs at IDM and video downloader will update their programs to work again if you wait awhile, you could try "Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express" addon which you can get here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ideo-download/
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by stevenrossvanduyn View Post
    I see that if you update the last couple of versions of firefox it wont except video downloader or internet download manager which is a pain. I have had to use a earlier version of firefox so i can have them as addons.
    Use internet Download manager all the time, works fine in FF, Chrome, Edge and other browsers.

Sometimes if it plays up you have to redirect the add-on link in the browser back to the exe file. Assuming you have a legal IDM it updates / upgrades automatically.

Occasionally Firefox (AGAIN) does something that causes it to break / turn incompatible, but most of the time when that happens within a day or so IDM upgrades and away it goes again. The current version of IDM is 6.33 Build 3 (1st July 2019)
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Old dick-head

Quote Originally Posted by stevenrossvanduyn View Post
    I see that if you update the last couple of versions of firefox it wont except video downloader or internet download manager which is a pain. I have had to use a eariler version of firefox so i can have them as addons.
    Yes, don't use a browser add-on. Copy the video link to this site https://simpleyoutubeconverter.com/ and let them keep everything up to date.

VoidMaster

So far, so good, definitely stopping the updates until I am ready and prepared to implement the update, the policy has to be re-implemented after each update but that's not a problem. Enterprise Policy Generator seems like a worthwhile add on to have, since they have actioned auto updating on the most recent version of Firefox.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche