Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Phone calls from "Spark Networks"

Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    Had another one this morning, tried new tactic - "Does your mother know you are a thief ? "

Silence for about 5 seconds then disconnect tone.
    Good one. I'd heard of that before, but the oldies are the goodies.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Had another call early evening. This guy was a novice and could barely read through his script so he passed me on to their senior technician haha. Their phone software failed and I heard another person's call, this lady said her brother had the laptop. Hope she didn't get conned. The scammer asked me to hang up and they'd call back. Got me to google "my 1p address", yes that is 1p. So the first search return is- IP Address 66.249.65.102 [Hide this IP with VPN], IP Location Mountain View, California (US) where they claim that is my ip address and someone in Mountain View has hacked me to make it look like it's from there and they're doing illegal activities. They were thrown when netstat wasn't working on my VM so they said they were working on fixing my problem and it could take some time. I got bored and ended the call and they opened Notepad to see if I was there, they then asked me to hang up the phone that I'd left off the hook. They got suspicious and ended the Teamviewer session and didn't call back.

Quote Originally Posted by abhi598 View Post
    When I received a Phone calls from "Spark Networks" they asked me to press 1 for dating...
    http://www.customerserviceSPAM.org/facebook/
    spam - reported

Well here's something new, well new to me anyway.

I get an e-mail advising Trademe has been trying to telephone me but I hadn't answered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trade Me.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	9854

So I thought I'd take a look and got this:

Name:	Trademe2.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	9855

Oh good, a survey with lots of opportunities to click things including opting out of such surveys.

But just to put the icing on the cake take a look at the address of Trademe. (My Arrows)

Name:	Trademe3.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	9856
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    But just to put the icing on the cake take a look at the address of Trademe. (My Arrows)

Name:	Trademe3.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	9856
    Apax Partners Worldwide is the product of the combination of three firms:

Patricof & Co., founded in 1969 in New York by pioneering venture capitalist Alan Patricof;
    Multinational Management Group (MMG), founded in 1972 by Sir Ronald Cohen and Maurice Tchénio;[6]
    Saunders Karp & Megrue, founded in 1988 by Thomas A. Saunders III and Allan W. Karp and joined by John Megrue in 1992.

However the actual address is:

601 Lexington Ave # 53, New York, NY 10022, USA
    Ex-pctek

Had a couple more calls, last weeks was hilarious. I got bored with this guy after an hour and hung up and left the phone off the hook. He opens Notepad “Are you there sir” Yes I am, scammer “What happened sir?” Told him I got bored and he was a lousy scammer. He opened the banking bookmark, which is a demo account completely oblivious to the fact, and made payments to the payees until the account was drained! Then types hahahahahhaha in Notepad. I replied, hehe it’s a demo site. He then called me a mooda f*****r, LOL!

Yesterday’s robotic voice speil was a bit different, press 1 for Spark, 2 for other providers. So looks like they’re covering their bases now. No idea what this guys script was. Ran Tree 3 times under the guise of a virus scan. He wanted to install Skype, so I entered a non-existent mobile number. He gave up on that when the code didn’t come to my phone. Then tried to open an Amazon account. He gave up when things didn’t work out.

Three calls yesterday, all at inconvenient times, from "Spark." It seems after they were unable to contact me, they are going to disconnect my landline AND my internet within 24 hours! "press one for more information." More annoying than the obvious scam is the inconvenient times that they make their calls. My curse still holds true that they and their families all die of horrible disgusting diseases.

The other thing I have had a few times lately is nobody there when I answer the phone, then after several seconds a robotic female voice says "goodbye" and hangs up. Anybody else had that?? Anyone know where that is from and what is supposed to be happening?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

I've had a few similar, Tony, but without the courteous "goodbye." Just a disconnect. I assumed that they realised that I am the guy who pronounces curses on them and decided it was wiser not to engage.

Robot dialler confirms if a legit number - then the actual scammers call you back sometime.
    Ex-pctek