Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Phone calls from "Spark Networks"

I've been getting a lot of those calls with the mechanical voice from "Spark networks" telling me my internet and landline are going to be disconnected.

All bull***t of course. What I want to know is, has anyone here actually pressed 1 for more information, and if so, what happens?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Default Re: Phone calls from "Spark Networks"

They will need all your passwords and your Bank Account details... Oops - that was a mistaka to make!
    Now-if I could just remember where I left my brain...

Quote Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
    They will need all your passwords and your Bank Account details... Oops - that was a mistaka to make!
    Is that actually what happens, or just your (quite possibly correct) guess?

I rang Spark about it, and yes - an absolute scam.

I got caught with an IRD scam a few months ago. It all looked very authentic, and then $1500 moved out of my credit card overnight. I'm a little more careful now (although the bank gave the money back to me). There was a strong message that i wouldn't get a second chance.
    Last edited by R.M.; 15-07-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Now-if I could just remember where I left my brain...

I wonder how many people have been sucked in.

Had a call a week ago on my answer phone saying my landline will cut off,press 1 for options

Deleted it on the spot

I have had about 4 of these calls I thought press 1 would be for a 0900 number or what ever these Nigerian or Indian huas use then a charge for ringing it. I have told my wife and kids dont push 1 just hang up.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

I've lost count of the calls I've had. I've listened to up the end a couple of times just to see if anything changes, but it always stops after "press 1...". The message has changed though. Initially it was "You will be cut off in 24 hours..." now it says "we have been trying to contact you.." and the threat is more explicit.

I pressed 1, they basically spout a whole lot of nonsense. They get you to open event viewer and claim all the errors there are caused by hackers. They then get you to go to validator.w3.org and enter websites you visit/log on to such as email, banking, shopping etc, and claim that hackers have stolen your info. They then get you to download Teamviewer but because they're in India they've been blocked from connecting to the rest of the world so they give you their ID/Password and get you to "switch sides". If you stall long enough by playing dumb you can open the file transfer windows and delete their files, usually text files with all the names and numbers of people they've scammed or potential marks. They then try to get you to log into your bank. I brought up the the BNZ demo site, it took him 15 minutes to twig and he asked me what kind of account is this, is it a demo? I said "yes, as if I'd log into my real account Scammer" He then hung up and tried to Syskey my PC (which was a VM) but I'd removed it and replaced it with a jpg giving him the finger. Didn't hear back. These guys on Youtube give them a hard time https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0u...wy5H6mw/videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...szZxUKw/videos they're all variations on a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    I pressed 1, they basically spout a whole lot of nonsense. They get you to open event viewer and claim all the errors there are caused by hackers. They then get you to go to validator.w3.org and enter websites you visit/log on to such as email, banking, shopping etc, and claim that hackers have stolen your info. They then get you to download Teamviewer but because they're in India they've been blocked from connecting to the rest of the world so they give you their ID/Password and get you to "switch sides". If you stall long enough by playing dumb you can open the file transfer windows and delete their files, usually text files with all the names and numbers of people they've scammed or potential marks. They then try to get you to log into your bank. I brought up the the BNZ demo site, it took him 15 minutes to twig and he asked me what kind of account is this, is it a demo? I said "yes, as if I'd log into my real account Scammer" He then hung up and tried to Syskey my PC (which was a VM) but I'd removed it and replaced it with a jpg giving him the finger. Didn't hear back. These guys on Youtube give them a hard time https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0u...wy5H6mw/videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...szZxUKw/videos they're all variations on a theme.
    Amazing. It is really sad that presumably some people are actually taken in by this.