Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has FileHippo.com closed down?

Until recently I used File Hippo extensively to download updates to various programmes e.g C Cleaner.
    I did this because i wanted to download the program to a USB scan it for Virus threat then install it.
    Many sites just seem to have Direct install to the PC rather than ability to save first to another device and then install from there.In like my option because if my PC "died" then I can reinstall the programs from backup device rather than having to go through a long winded download again and then reinstall each.

In recent weeks I found that FileHippo headers listing certain programs displayed a version number which suggested an upgrade was available but when one clicked on that header the earlier version showed.
    I largely stopped ad started trying to contact the program sites directly to find out where I could save the download -some do not reply. e.g Spotify. Opera Forum has a rather convoluted methodology.
    I am in some cases now using the "check for updates available via Glary Utilities -not 100% accurate.

FileHippo seems to have stopped listing updates since 28 June.
    When I have emailed them via their Contact Us (nil responses).
    Has any member had any FileHippo communication since 28 June?

Default Re: Has FileHippo.com closed down?

Its working:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_Hippo.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	9800
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

VoidMaster

It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    Until recently I used File Hippo extensively to download updates to various programmes e.g C Cleaner.
    I did this because i wanted to download the program to a USB scan it for Virus threat then install it.
    Why?
    If you download to your PC, NOD32 for instance, always scanned these files as yu did so.

File Hippo had malware sometimes too, that was known.
    Ex-pctek

There seems to have been a collective misinterpretation of what I was asking.
    I can readily access FileHippo.com but when I click on Latest updates Tab there are none since 28 June-this is most unusual.
    Piroska thee was no real issue with scanning . What I was saying was that I wanted backup copies on another device so if PC crashed I could reinstall the program from that without having to download it again and then reinstall. If I had to reinstall lots of programs the downloading of each would be a huge time drain.

I use majorgeeks to see whats released. Not sure if its the most extensive list around, but covers my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    What I was saying was that I wanted backup copies on another device so if PC crashed I could reinstall the program from that without having to download it again and then reinstall
    No you didn't. you said:

Ex-pctek

Thanks autechre.
    I shall try that site you use.
    One of the reasons that I used Filehippo was that sometimes I would spot a program I did not have and ,think "that looks interesting
    I might see if that is of use for me"
    Regards

Piroska NB! in both my posts I stated

I wanted backup copies on another device so if PC crashed I could reinstall the program from that without having to download it again and then reinstall. If I had to reinstall lots of programs the downloading of each would be a huge time drain.