Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Old guy

Default Re: Climate Change Emergency - Hysteria

The only thing that I really believe about this climate change ""religion" is that there is no way a "Tax" is going to change anything about the climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    ?
    Do you have any idea how many coal fired power stations there are in India and China?
    And yet the climate change propagandists have no issues buying those cheap chinese goods , effectively making the issues worse as Ch builds even more Coal burning
    power stations.

Instead, lets make things harder for those allready struggling in NZ, and make our economy worse. Only the rich countries can really afford to be
    truly green & carbon neutral. NZ cant afford it , and making NZ poorer will only make things worse long term .

VoidMaster

The problem will solve itself, a big drop in population, say 75% is going to stop the causes getting any worse but by that time there may be many thousands if not millions of years of hard times ahead for any survivors man or beast.

The time to repair the damage was a long time ago back in the 70's, it's too late now. It's already in the runaway state. In other words the die is cast.

Just get on with your life, don't have any children and enjoy every day as it comes, the systems in place are being run by individuals and conglomerates who will not change their ways and the individual trying to change it is futile.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Its NOT in a runaway state.
    In the past The earth has been plenty hotter long term than it is now, and life thrived . Lets simply ignore that fact
    In fact, warming and cooling is just what happens long term. Earth goes from warm to mini ice age in cycles , allways has, allways will.

Lets do some scaremongering instead .

VoidMaster

Nope it's warming up faster than it ever has before, less than a hundred years, unprecedented, and now heatwaves in the Arctic and accelerated glacial melting, we are seeing land that hasn't been de-iced for hundreds of thousands of years appearing.

The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is way more than almost any time in in the past that we know of, and it got to that point really quickly, this is a unique combination of factors.

Record temperatures all over the Earth, every year the records are broken.

Record die-offs of all types of creatures, insects, animals, fish due to changing conditions.

If you are staying informed it's obvious what is happening, almost predictable.

I'm hoping my intuition is leading me astray but I'm afraid to say that if there's one thing I do well it's gather relevant information, digest it and understand, form conclusions then repair, that's what I've done all my life, solve problems, and I'm good at it, especially repairing electronic based hardware. I have a natural talent to see faults and errors. My grandfather on my Mother's side was one of the first "time and motion" personnel in England, a very perceptive man.

Unfortunately there's no repair for this problem it's already too late to recover, there are just too many of us and we've been out of control for way too long.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

I am hoping against hope that I am not being too gloomy about this, fully conscious of my own quickly approaching demise (had my 70th a few days ago) and how it might be influencing my mental state towards doom-filled scenario's.

But I was aware of the possibility of serious consequence's in the 1960's, when I was young, due to population increase and unbridled economic expansion unless something was done to curb the excesses.

I've seen nothing to make me believe anything has changed re the basic causes of the problem of runaway species growth leading to destruction due to over-use of resources and general misbehavior, ie rampant Capitalism in a finite world, assuming there will always be economic growth and improvement in living standards for all.

It's ludicrous. GOOD LUCK, we're all going to need it, I don't see any solution now as it stands. Planting heaps of trees may help. LOL.

HERE you go.

We need to up the CO2 to feed the plants.

With all the extra trees being planted there will be a co2 famine and no trees to hug.

"If you are green to gardening you might not know that carbon dioxide, the gas we all exhale, is critical to plant growth and development. Photosynthesis, the process through which plants use light to create food, requires carbon dioxide. CO2 concentration in ambient air ranges from 300-500 parts per million (ppm), with a global atmospheric average of about 400 ppm. If you are growing in a greenhouse or indoors, the CO2 levels will be reduced as the plants use it up during photosynthesis. Increasing the CO2 levels in these environments is essential for good results. Additionally, there are benefits to raising the CO2 level higher than the global average, up to 1500 ppm. With CO2 maintained at this level, yields can be increased by as much as 30%!"

Stop starving the plants!
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Having kicked the Co2 crap into touch, what are we going to do about THIS?

Tax the sods!
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

VoidMaster
    Last edited by zqwerty; 21-07-2019 at 12:05 PM.

VoidMaster

"Ok is the first Icelandic glacier to lose its status as a glacier. In the next 200 years all our glaciers are expected to follow the same path. This monument is to acknowledge that we know what is happening and know what needs to be done. Only you know if we did it."

https://earther.gizmodo.com/scientis...836542745?IR=T
    Last edited by zqwerty; 21-07-2019 at 04:54 PM.