Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Climate Change Emergency - Hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Who cares I don't see BM's drivel anymore
    Excellent, I hate wasting Powder & Shot.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

VoidMaster

Earth Overshoot Day Shows We’re Tearing Through Resources Faster Than Ever:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/earth...b004b6adbbd643
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Earth Overshoot Day Shows We’re Tearing Through Resources Faster Than Ever:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/earth...b004b6adbbd643
    more left alarmist bribble
    people post up this sort of alarmist nonsense, but wont PERSONALLY do what it takes to reverse it

case in point, that article goes on about ~what if everyone lived like those in the US~
    Well, what if everyone in Ch & India & Africa owned cars . What if. Then we would be f'ed.
    But lefties post that dribble, yet seem to think its OK to own a car, to eat meat etc while its not OK for the rest of the world, because that would be bad.

Do you own a car zqwerty . What if everyone in Ch & India owned cars . So you can but they shouldnt ?
    Bought goods from China at all zqwerty . Why are you buying goods from the worst polluting countries out there. Goods made from power from Ch's coal burning power stations

double standards
    virtue signalling

put up or shut up.
    Park up your car & never use it,
    stop eating meat,
    dont buy anything from Ch . Dont use anything from Ch untill they are carbon neutral .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    more left alarmist bribble
    . What if everyone in Ch & India owned cars . So you can but they shouldnt ?

put up or shut up.
    Park up your car & never use it,
    stop eating meat,
    dont buy anything from Ch . Dont use anything from Ch untill they are carbon neutral .
    And lumping it all into leftist or whatever political camp is also dribble.

It's not about cars, or EVs instead, or whatever ****.
    It's that there is too many of us.

We have concreted over the planet, pushed out the other animals, poisoned insects etc etc.
    We think we're smarter and special. We think it's all about us but it's an ecosystem.
    what happens when it gets out of whack?

Pissing about with supermarket plastic bags and what sort of cars we drive isn't a fix.

We could drive what we liked and pollute away if there were say 1/10th of us.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

piroska,you are so right.

1101, please try to keep up, I posted way back in this thread that I don't think there is any solution, it's far too late, nowadays its not 'live and let live' it's actually 'live and let die'

May as well do as you please, as if supermarket bags are going to make the slightest bit of difference, it's laughable, or whether I use a car or not, which I do.

We didn't control our explosive population growth, now nature will do it for us, as long as we're not covered by a big ice-block as I think NZ (South Island at least) has been in the past this is one of the best places in the world to observe the coming catastrophe, why do you think I'm here and why do you think so many millionaires/billionaires are buying hidey holes over here?

I'm poor by the way; one night in Zambia many years ago (1971) I put my head back between my car stereo speakers and had a deep think for an hour or two, I knew then the gist of what is happening now and worked out the best place to be overall was NZ and here I am LOL.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 01-08-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    We could drive what we liked and pollute away if there were say 1/10th of us.
    You could well be right, but how do you suggest we dispose of 9/10 of the world population?

I suppose you could call for volunteers’ but suspect you may encounter considerable resistance.

You lead from the front and I’ll be an observer.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Lets stop with this save the planet BS . The planet wont melt. Humans wont go extinct because of warming. Its happened before, species adapted then thrived
    Many Fish species are heading towards population crash regradless of what happens with global temps . A few degrees difference in sea temp wont make any difference to the fish that are no longer there anyway.
    No they didn't, many thousands of species have been made extinct over the years through the climate changes.

Might not be a bad idea to do some research and learning instead of spouting off rubbish, I'll give you a helping hand, take a read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Where are the dinosaurs....?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1101
    case in point, that article goes on about ~what if everyone lived like those in the US~
    Well, what if everyone in Ch & India & Africa owned cars . What if. Then we would be f'ed.
    That is the problem, as these countries are pulling themselves out of poverty they are starting to drive more cars, etc. It's not a case of what if, its a case of when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Thats a good idea,and everybody should be whipped if they disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    We like to live on the edge.

[QUOTE=Bozo;1291019]
    No they didn't, many thousands of species have been made extinct over the years through the climate changes.
    Ohh, so you admit that Climate Change has been going on for thousands of years, well before motor vehicles and power stations. Might have been Fluctuance though?

Might not be a bad idea to do some research and learning instead of spouting off rubbish, I'll give you a helping hand, take a read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

Where are the dinosaurs....?
    They are extinct without any help from humans.

That is the problem, as these countries are pulling themselves out of poverty they are starting to drive more cars, etc. It's not a case of what if, its a case of when.
    Well we must stop them pulling themselves out of poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    We have concreted over the planet, pushed out the other animals, poisoned insects etc etc.
    We think we're smarter and special. We think it's all about us but it's an ecosystem.
    what happens when it gets out of whack?
    Which pretty much sums up the situation we find ourselves in. Over the last three or four centuries, our increasing knowledge of nature and how it could be exploited outstripped our understanding of the implications of what we were doing. We persuaded ourselves that anything was possible, we had "conquered nature" and were masters of the universe. It is only in the last 50 years or so that we have started to realise that the technologies that we are so proud of, and have become dependent on, have turned around and started to bite us.

It wasn't meant to be this way. No-one set out wreck the environment, but nevertheless we now face serious problems on several fronts. Global warming/climate change is possibly the most serious but it is not alone. The plastic bag issue has nothing to do with climate change and perhaps could be dismissed as only cosmetic, until you cut open the corpse of a dolphin or shark and find its stomach plugged with plastic waste that humans invented and threw away. Now we are told that everyone is ingesting millions of plastic micro-particles in food and drinking water. What are the implications of that?

And that's not all - the invention of antibiotics appeared to stop the spread of diseases and lower mortality rates almost overnight. So we used them everywhere, we even fed them to our cattle. Apparently no-one remembered Darwin's description of how evolution works, that environmental pressures tend to eliminate weaker members of a species and those with lucky genetic mutations survive. Consequently we killed off the weaker bugs and the stronger ones are now taking charge, and we still don't have an answer to that.

We live in interesting times.

VoidMaster

Historic Greenland Melt Is a “Glimpse of the Future”:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...of-the-future/

That's from Scientific American hardly an hysterical source.

And from Rolling Stone:

Greenland Is Melting Away Before Our Eyes

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...t-melt-865803/

Here's one the unexpected ways Global Climate Change is going to affect the world economically:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...-idUSKCN1US1KC
    Last edited by zqwerty; 03-08-2019 at 10:39 PM.