Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default BSOD's Twice today __W10 PRO x64 v1903

Hi
    2 x BSOD today. First one about 10am, Error was "Video TDR Failure" That happened when I was watching a game Sniper Elite 4 Walkthrough where the action is more like a Speedy Run-through the Battlefield. Computer graphics/video froze, then computer made loud buzzings and kinda death-gasp sounds and the BSOD Appeared saying Video TDR Failure. I have had it before weeks ago and had to look into the files named atikmpag.sys and atikmdag.sys......... both of those files are present in the System32 and are part of the C:\Users\kioti\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.3.3-Mar20\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B340443
    I read about the Video TDR failure and fixes in the link below but I didn't change anything.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...ows-10-solved/

2nd BSOD happened 15 mins ago (approx 10pm). This time all I was doing was watching a News Show from the USA about the POTUS and the computer froze, didn't make any gurgling sounds this time and then went BSOD, error code was "Thread stuck in device driver"
    So its all to do with Graphics drivers. All the drivers for my AMD Ryzen 5__2400G are up to date and from AMD, as are the drivers for the Sapphire RX580 Nitro Plus GPU but I only use that card when I connect computer to tele via HDMI
    Here is a link to the "Thread stuck in device Driver"

https://www.google.com/search?q=THRE...10.ipE6oj-rHWM

I attach 10 pics in 2 groups of 5...showing Event Viewer System...... lots of Warnings and some strange goings ons and I don;t know what most of the terminology means and what it points toward.
    Perhaps someone can help with this. I mean for goodness sake, I watching a News Broadcast on computer and the driver gets a Thread stuck! (???)
    I was watching this on computer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEv...YPPVbtEdE5snwg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	9741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	9742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	9743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	9745  

Last edited by kioti; 17-06-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: BSOD's Twice today __W10 PRO x64 v1903

Images part 2

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	9746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	9747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	9748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	9749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	9750  

I am looking up on the net about the error code 0x000000ea

https://www.google.com/search?q=0x00...000ea&ie=UTF-8

You can get these sort of issues if the vid card or onboard vid is faulty.

You need to test with a CLEAN system. Do a test install of win10 and only load whats needed to run .

Hi and thanks. So basically, only instal W10 and run on the Ryzen 5/2400G feeding video signal to monitor via the Asus Prime B350M-A Motherboards VGA Port? I guess so. I have 2 x GPU's..... The AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics incorporated in the AMD Ryzen 5 __2400G APU which I use 99% of the time, and the AMD Radeon Sapphire Nitro + RX 580 Series card. I was considering using a Connector for either of the other Ports (DVI-D to VGA / or DHMI to VGA , but as there is no gain in image quality from using straight VGA to VGA Cable it doesn't justify the cost of buying a $40 connector. It was just a thought to eliminate the Motherboards VGA port. The Mobo doesn't have any Display Port/s

The System is clean of virus or malware. I am now running Eset Security version 12.1.34.0 as 30 day trial, and I ran Scans using Eset / MBam and Zemana Antimalware and the machine is so clean its disgusting! There is no-way I am going to fall through any cracks in the platform because now, it's all Highly Polished, Tongue and Grooved Parana Pine underfoot.
    Eset can be a Pain at times... I went to download a Media Driver Pack named K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and Eset went Hysterical: said that K-Lite is Malware. It did the same when I wanted to get rid of a ensconced bit of malware named www1-ecleneue-com. Its a hijacker and webpage redirect Pos. It showed nowhere in Programs and Features and many other places I looked to root it out. It was completely undetectable as malware.... So I Searched Google for a 'fix' for it and as said, the site I clicked to go to and have a read up on the how to get shot of it and it sent Eset Alarms Ringing. Some Programs are just too damn efficient! .hahahaha

Anyway, back to the Thread subject: I have tested to see if the Ryzen is overheating and its all good. I removed the Cooling fan and checked and dusted the Heatsink and Fan anyway. I haven't had a recurrence of the Freeze ups and BSOD's I am glad to say.

What I did today was I connected the Sapphire RX 580 ti my 48" Samsung Plasme tele via HDMI, Set the Display to only run on that card and played the Sniper Elire 4 Walkthrough on that and it was still the same as yesterday. But this time it played. I only watched the first 5 mins of the walkthrough whereas yesterday I had been watching the walkthroughs for 3 Missions in the DLC of the game and I must say that it was all done a RUN Speed....maybe that was pushing the Ryzens' RX Vega Graphics a bit hard...dunno. But, I tried some other uploaders walkthroughs and they worked fine so its a mystery...as I said, what really knocked me back was when that News video I was watching froze onscreen and I couldn't do anything to close the Browser, couldn't 'X' it closed, or get a response from the Windows 'Start' icon and couldn't right click the Comodo Dragon Browser to opt to Close all open pages. There was zero response.

So yep I will connect up a Sata 3 HDD and instal W10 Pro x64 v1903, and try that for the week...as a Test piece to see what happens. Windows will Automatically download and instal the Driver for the Ryzen's Graphics and the Hi Def Sound. I will start getting it connected and W10 installed this evening. OS and AV and a couple of needed apps etc.

One thing that I was thinking is the Walkthrough I was watching that was the first to Freeze and bring all the strange noises for the computer still does the same today (without all the whistling and groaning before it BScreens closed and reboots. I thinking that the upload is faulty because at the start of he episode as the Main man is on a ladder and about to jump the the snow, the image goes all screwy and looks like the colours are that of a Solarised photograph and then he hits the snow and goes to move forward and the image breaks up...pixilates..... now that points to Driver issues.... or some other part of the VRAM sequence. I just a beginner,,,, I like it when the computer runs like clockwork which it has done graphically for Months...so what ever is happening is a new thing.

I attach two screenshots showing the first what should be 5-8 seconds of the game video, you can see what is happening. The Opening part in pic 1 looks like its night time or its on LSD and the next part shows the pixilation... it only lasts 0.5 t 0.75 of a second....600ms.

Here is a link to the walkthrough if you want watch a bit and see if Video does same as it is in my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpulnNcnsh8

Cheers.
    garry

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	9751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	9752  

Its the Video Recording -- Same pixel effects ( and other places as well)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pixel.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	9753

You cant really go by a video someone has uploaded, its needs to be a "real deal" video test.

You can try testing software something like these instructons: https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Video-Card

I use different software for testing it does more than just graphics.

This PC would more then likely have kittens if I stress tested it

Other testing software, used all of these at various times. Its designed to benchmark and test your hardware.

https://gfxbench.com/windows-download/gfxbench/

or

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition Others under the Benchmark Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Its the Video Recording -- Same pixel effects ( and other places as well)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pixel.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	9753

You cant really go by a video someone has uploaded, its needs to be a "real deal" video test.

You can try testing software something like these instructons: https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Video-Card

I use different software for testing it does more than just graphics.

This PC would more then likely have kittens if I stress tested it
    wainuitech
    hi and ha ha.... I be having kittens from stress test myself soon...hahahahha
    Thanks for the links, I will go do some investigating and testing.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Other testing software, used all of these at various times. Its designed to benchmark and test your hardware.

https://gfxbench.com/windows-download/gfxbench/

or

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition Others under the Benchmark Tab.
    wainuitech
    thanks for the extra links for testing Software. That will keep me active and awake for hours here.
    cheers

edit: The actual game plays without any issues on my computer. That video I sent link to is very near monochrome, it is actually fuller colour in action than that vid clip.
    Last edited by kioti; 18-06-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Ok I installed the Novabench app and did a Scan of all. Result was 'Average' and no probs shown. Suggested I could get better by OC'ing CPU/GPU and Ram. Not into OC'ing anything at this time.

I attach a pic of the Novabench test result and a link to OneDrive upload of 3 minidump.dmp files. 2 from the day of the BSODs on the 16th June and one from the 10th June.
    I couldn't open them to read myself, downloaded /Installed WDK.

To open the dump file after the installation is complete, follow these steps:
    Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    Change to the Debugging Tools for Windows folder. To do this, type the following at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    cd c:\program files\debugging tools for windows
    To load the dump file into a debugger, type one of the following commands, and then press ENTER:
    windbg -y SymbolPath -i ImagePath -z DumpFilePath
    kd -y SymbolPath -i ImagePath -z DumpFilePath

And as luck would have it for me, the return after entering the cmd prompt informed that 'winbg' is not a recognized internal or external command. operable program or batch file.
    Entering the 2nd command prompt I got the same result escept that it now stated 'kd' is not a recognizable...etc etc.
    Then I tried entering c:\windows\minidump\minidump.dmp and was informed 'dump' is not recognized ...etc etc

I downloaded and installed windows debugger kit from link below. That will have me in fits today trying to figure to use it ( ha ha)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...download-tools

Anyway, Here are the NovaBench results and the OneDrive link to minidump files.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=9E87E0...87E0A42CB28304

Name:	TEST 1_18_06_19 AT 11_11PM.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	9754  
    Last edited by kioti; 19-06-2019 at 09:36 AM.