Angry Email from Office 365

My email client is either Outlook.com or Microsoft Mail, it seems hard to tell for some reason. I have no problems sending emails from here. BUT I am completely unable to send mail from Word in Office 365, and the program also won't pick up my Contacts/People file for addresses. Why oh why do Microsoft have so many names for what seems to be the same thing? Contacts, People and Addresses must all just be lists of names and addresses. How do I get Office 365 to talk to the rest of my computer and utilise the programs that already exist?

Default Re: Email from Office 365

First you need to actually decide what you are using.

They are not all the same thing, in fact quite different.

Outlook.com = Web Based email accessed by a Browser
    Microsoft Mail = Basic inbuilt Mail App in Windows 10
    Outlook in Office 365 = Stand alone Outlook Program in Office.

If you are wanting to send a email from within Word, sounds a bit like you need to use mail merge, again you need to set it up to do so.

Have a read https://www.technipages.com/word-ena...cipient-option
    Last edited by wainuitech; 15-06-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Another way is described https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-28fbf91c0d77 A customer of mine uses it all the time, BUT it does have problems.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

The way all this is usually done is having Word AND Outlook installed on the PC , setup Outlook for you email & import your contacts into Outlook

what version of word are you using. The online version or the stand alone version installed on your PC
    If your want to send to email from Word, then you need to setup a email client on the PC, not a webmail version. And , have that email program setup as the default email program .

what do you mean by your contacts file ? Is that a CSV or spreadsheet with your list on contacts ?

Hi guys. I'm using W10 still v1809 and Outlook.com. Word is Word 2019 via Office 365. The Contacts file is the W10 People file which I guess is a csv file. Any previous versions of Word I have used have had email enabled to work straight off. Why Microsoft now make this so difficult and confusing I don't know. I have tried all the things I can find within Word settings but nothing seems to work. All these programs don't seem to want to work together which is bloody stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi guys. I'm using W10 still v1809 and Outlook.com. Word is Word 2019 via Office 365. The Contacts file is the W10 People file which I guess is a csv file. Any previous versions of Word I have used have had email enabled to work straight off. Why Microsoft now make this so difficult and confusing I don't know. I have tried all the things I can find within Word settings but nothing seems to work. All these programs don't seem to want to work together which is bloody stupid.
    Outlook.com is webmail
    Word isnt going to interface with webmail. Its like asking my TV to interface with my car (not quite )

Setup an email program on the PC and hope that it works with Word.
    Maybee the built in Win10 email app will work as you want. Maybee

This is where you need Outlook installed on the PC (not Outlook.com) . Yes, its stupid the way MS give totally different products the same name