Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Assistance With Hardware Upgrade: Ryzen 5-1400 CPU and AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU

You won't find a low profile RX 570, the best low profile card currently is the GT 1050ti but the 1050 is a better option for price/performance.

The HP 8300 is the exact machine I was thinking of when I suggested an ex lease pc and a low profile graphics card. Put a GT 1050 in that and you have a very capable gaming PC for most games.
    The GTX 1650 should be available soon and I believe Zotac is releasing a low profile version, that will be the fastest card available for low profile when it releases.

I understand the RX 570 is a better deal but unfortunately they don't come in low profile that I'm aware off. If you are determined to go AMD then the RX 560 can be had in low profile, but it's slightly slower and more expensive than the 1050

These are the cards that should work in that PC
    https://www.amazon.com/MSI-R5604TPC-...gateway&sr=8-6
    https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Gefo...gateway&sr=8-5
    https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Gefo...gateway&sr=8-4
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Red face Re: Assistance With Hardware Upgrade: Ryzen 5-1400 CPU and AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU

Okay, having moved on to other sites, I've found several other computers, and these are NOT Small Form Factor.

The most enticing one is also the one about to be sold: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optipl...IAAOSwprpc~WqJ .

This is a Dell Optiplex 9020 computer, of full tower size. The seller included a picture of the motherboard.

I am not sure if the CPU socket is an AM4 Socket or not. Take notice of the four RAM slots; In the mantle PC, I have four RAM chips that each give two gigabytes, so if I need to (or if it comes with two four gigabyte RAM chips), I can actually expand the RAM to ten gigabytes. The PCI bays are hard to see, but if they have the long, black PCI port, it should hold a graphics card. It has four cores, a HDD so large that I'll never fill it, eight gigabytes of RAM, and the ports I desire for legacy compatibility (most of the hardware I've owned over the years, in terms of interfacing, are PS/2).

The auction for this machine ends in a day or so, so if this is the PC I'm asking for my birthday, I'll have to act fast. The price, specs, and power of this computer, as well as its included ports, are the closet thing I have ever seen to the ideal PC, as defined by my needs and wants.

God willing, if I can finish my research, I'll ask for the computer tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by TurtleShroom; 14-06-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Default Re: Assistance With Hardware Upgrade: Ryzen 5-1400 CPU and AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU

That's not a bad machine if the price is right. It's an intel socket not AMD and will have a 4 series i5 or i7 in it most likely.
    It also uses DDR3 and won't be compatible with your old RAM. Be aware graphics upgrades may still be an issue due to the PSU and that to replace the PSU requires an adapter for the Dell motherboard.

It's best you forget about re using any old parts, any hardware that will work with will be equally as old and obsolete. About the only part you might want to keep is the hard drive, if it's SATA.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

The issue with Dell, and some HP's , is they use non standard parts and connectors. The worst choice for a gaming PC.

I can see non standard connectors on that Dell. That means you cant easily upgrade the Power Supply . It also makes any repair much more expensive
    as off the shelf power supply or MB wont fit/work.
    Some gaming video cards may not even fit .

An out of warranty DELL , HP, Lenovo etc can sometimes be a bad choice .If a non standard power supply fails it may cost more than the PC is worth to replace .

Save your money and buy something decent.

And you havenít said where you are located.

Quote Originally Posted by QW. View Post
    Save your money and buy something decent.

And you haven’t said where you are located.
    Or how old you are
    or what job you have
    I think your best option is throw away what you have now
    And buy a working second hand machine up to your budget.
    And yes make sure its not Dell or Hp and that its Windows 10
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?