Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: NZ Herald Addon

  1. #11
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,526

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Well I noticed some of the site was blocked again, but updated with the new addon, and voila, I read the lot, still am.

    More than one way round it anyway, this is an IT site, people, google helps....
    Ex-pctek

  2. #12
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    1,961

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    This fix not compatible with Opera but have Firefox as well

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Well I noticed some of the site was blocked again, but updated with the new addon, and voila, I read the lot, still am.

    More than one way round it anyway, this is an IT site, people, google helps....
    Ah,but is it ethical ?

  4. #14
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,526

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo29 View Post
    Ah,but is it ethical ?
    I would say yes.
    For instance, many of the Heralds articles that they want paying for, are pinched of someone else already.
    Newsroom.
    NYTimes
    Etc etc.

    Cheek of them.

    I have gone to those sites and read those articles, free....no paywall bypass.
    So how can they charge for stuff they have copied from elsewhere??
    Ex-pctek

  5. #15

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    good call

  6. #16

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    blocked again ?

  7. #17
    Rocket Dog WalOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ellerslie
    Posts
    5,109

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    I would say yes.
    For instance, many of the Heralds articles that they want paying for, are pinched of someone else already.
    Newsroom.
    NYTimes
    Etc etc.

    Cheek of them.

    I have gone to those sites and read those articles, free....no paywall bypass.
    So how can they charge for stuff they have copied from elsewhere??
    I agree with you for once.

    The final nail in the Herald's coffin for me was the effrontery Aunty has in trying to charge for puiblishing that appalling rubbish Ana Samways collects and call it entertainment.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

    Dr Lester Levy


    I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

    Leonard Cohen

  8. #18
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,526

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Yes.

    Plenty of websites with far better funny content than hers....
    Free
    Ex-pctek

  9. #19
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,004

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    I agree with you for once.

    The final nail in the Herald's coffin for me was the effrontery Aunty has in trying to charge for puiblishing that appalling rubbish Ana Samways collects and call it entertainment.
    Isn't the point of the "rubbish" that it is just that - trivia and oddities that may just bring a smile? I agree they are pushing it putting that behind the paywall - maybe it is very popular and they see it as a trojan horse to get people to sign up.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  10. #20
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,204

    Default Re: NZ Herald Addon

    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo29 View Post
    Ah,but is it ethical ?
    Its not even legal .

Similar Threads

  1. First Skyrim Addon/DLC
    By icow in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:06 PM
  2. Aero Fox addon for Firefox
    By Sam Bos in forum PressF1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
  3. ErrorZilla - Firefox Addon
    By xyz823 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
  4. Best Firefox addon ever.
    By pcuser42 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 07:58 AM
  5. Messenger Addon
    By help_me in forum PressF1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-03-2003, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •