Default Computer shutdown even though it is set to not do so

hi. I am real hacked off having to do another scan for 11 hours to of a 4TB external Hdd I accidently deleted partition and al data. My computer is set in Power Options to Never Turn off, never turn off monitor, hibernation is disabled and Updates are set to Not install automatically and restart computer so what has caused my computer to Shut down and show the Sign in to Windows screen with my having to enter Pin number?
    I now have to do the scan again so I can decide what I want to keep from what is made available to me.
    The pic I attach of Event Viewer shows the service stopped at 4:53pm today and Started again at 4:54pm which is when I would have entered my Pin and restarted it, to find the easeus data recovery wizard completely gone from offscreen. In the pic of Event viewer there is also an entry at 3:41pm that says the Service was started...how can an entry for a time that is before the one that says service was started at 4:54pm be entered after the 4:54 one?

This is what I posted earlier today at 11:37am after the scan was completed:
    Ok I finally got a partial recovery, partial as in I can now see what is deleted and can set about recovering. Am about to perform the Recovery this afternoon...going to be a long one.
    Figured that in order to do a recovery of data I had to have a usable partition so I created one from the 3.76TB unallocated space. I used Easeus Partition Master 10 to do that because Disk Management wouldn't do it when I right clicked the unallocated space. Once I had the partition of 3.76TB to do a recovery I had to upgrade the Free Easeus Data Recovery Wizard to the Pro version as the free version only allowed 2GB data recovery. I then started the deep scan of the partition at 11pm last night...it showed it was going to take 11 hours to complete scan. It is done now and I can see all that it has found in the "Lost Partition" ...it has found 8TB of data (on a 4TB HDD ) so thee is obviously found data I had previously moved to other external HDD's.
    But, I have a complete view of all data found, and now I have to look through it all, check other external HDD's for that same data in them and then only choose to recover that which I was too lazy to transfer from the now data recoverable HDD to other HDD's... I know there is a giant folder of avi's on that HDD and that is why I bought it...my other external HDD that it was on had gotten into the status bar showing used/available space in RED! not good to have that. Anyway this is going to be a long process so will give the result final when I have it.
    cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVENT VIEWER 1_STOPPED.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	9704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVENT VIEWER 1_STOPPED.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	9705  
    Last edited by kioti; 08-06-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: Computer shutdown even though it is set to not do so

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by bevy121 View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    bevy121,,,,,,,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If the Advanced power options are all set to stay on, then it should. Another thing I do before any recovery is disconnect the Internet, that way nothing can come through.

Some reasons why it shutdown.

Could have been a power glitch, causing it to shutdown then restart. (bet there was no UPS connected)

Could be the BIOS is actually set to shutdown after a certain amount of time.

Remember once doing a recovery had been going for close to 23 hours and we had a 5 minute power cut, thankfully the computer being used for the recovery kept going as it was connected to a UPS.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    If the Advanced power options are all set to stay on, then it should. Another thing I do before any recovery is disconnect the Internet, that way nothing can come through.

Some reasons why it shutdown.

Could have been a power glitch, causing it to shutdown then restart. (bet there was no UPS connected)

Could be the BIOS is actually set to shutdown after a certain amount of time.

Remember once doing a recovery had been going for close to 23 hours and we had a 5 minute power cut, thankfully the computer being used for the recovery kept going as it was connected to a UPS.
    wainuitech hi
    yep, no UPS, and I hadn't disconnected the internet. Know better next time, hopefully that doesn't happen. The recovery has now finished, I looked through all it had and clicked that which I wanted to recover. That Recovery part took about 5 hour and at the end of it all not one of the 11 Opera's I had recovered, or any of the .avi and .mkx / .mp4 movies or any music files play. The make like they opening in VLC but don't show a play length time so I know they are not going to play....so it was a complete waste of time. I do have the Opera's stored elsewhere (on a 2TB external HDD in Montevideo, Uruguay), any of the .jpg's OR PNG will not open in W10 Photo though they were created in W10 v1809 and I think the app that opened them was Photoviewer. I just DL'd and installed IrfanView and set that as default to view images of all formats and that doesn't open any thing either. Oh and I get a pop up notification saying that default has now been reset and shows as Photoviewer in Control Panel> Defaul Programs.
    So, I put all the Opera's and movies into a folder for each type then into a main folder and the rest can be scrapped....TIFF's and more...I do the scrapping of the stuff.
    Here is a pic showing the Video folder of the Opera 'Carmen'.... it plays, the first 3 seconds of the VTS and that's it... Why, well the vital missing ingredient is the .IFO file.....I can create the missing .ifo's so there is hope yet.
    As for the movies that will not play I will have to create missing .ifo's for them but as for the other .h264/mkv/mp4 files I have no idea what i do yet. Hopefully I have them on other external HDD's. Cross fingers.
    cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO IFO.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	9710  
    Last edited by kioti; 09-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Nah, I got it all wrong as usual, there are .ifo files in there but it is just that W10 is displaying the damn things as as a VLC file ( I blame W10!) last time I looked at .ifo files they were in a text sheet just like the Bup file. Then another thing I noticed, all of the .VOB files have been recovered twice and the files with a .000 at the end are a repeat of the .01 file. for example the file named VTS_01_1 is the needed file and the one after it named VTS_01_1_000 is a double-up of the VTS_01_1 file...same goes for any file showing the _000 suffix. AND all .VOB files were named Vob files! I created a folder and put all the double-ups into it and have gotten the Opera to play just by right clicking the Video_TS folder and choosing to play in VLC. Its not perfect but its a start. Gawd knows why it has created two of the same files... it be my error again... choosing what to save from the 2 recovered that I had to choose from and choosing the same thing twice! . Bound to be that.
    Still doesn't explain whay the single file video's do not play (sigh)
    Maybe I just scrap the lot and restart the scan and only choose from one of the two found recovered from the drive.
    ciao
    Last edited by kioti; 09-06-2019 at 09:03 PM.