Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Now have fibre, but don't notice the difference?

50 is more than I need, so that is good. Mainly used for streaming TV. Son has 100 and loves it but he downloads a lot and does online car racing.

Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    That sums it up nicely When they sell a person Fibre, they usually dont offer different plans,its often just the basic / entry level. People are under the impression that having fibre means they will get a huge speed increase - But find out they dont, sure they can, but you want higher speed, you need to pay more for it.When they come around here trying to peddle Fibre they always go away They cant match the performance I get with Fibre X Max at anywhere near the same or better price.
    Yep, The wife has said slingshot have been around twice in the last week. She told them she doesnít deal with that stuff. So they have been trying to catch me. They will have no luck while Iím on fibre x
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Why not just tell them to bugger off?
    We don't get sales people anymore, but when I have had, I used to say do you think I can't compare (product/service) online and make a decision? And being hounded at the door, discourages me, not encourages me.
    Ex-pctek

Consumer put out a sticker some years ago that you can put on your front door that says "Do Not Knock. Sales people not welcome here". I picked one up from my local Citizens Advice Bureau after I heard about it. I've had it on my door for years now and I would say it has stopped 95% of the visits from salespeople, and I used to get a LOT. The odd person will say "Oh I didn't see that" when it is pointed out, or try and split hairs over the term "selling", but it's been a pretty effective thing to have. It doesn't stop Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons though.

My large hand made sign that says no sales or religious stops the lot.
    Ex-pctek

when the door to door sellers wont take no for an answer and wont just go away, I get a bit miffed .
    Its very unlikely you'll sign me up after I have to keep saying no .

I hardly ever see door to door sellers or bible bashers , maybee once or twice a year . Probably they turn up when Im not home .

Ive had to do cold calls to business's as part of my job in the past. Its the absolute pitts , 99.99% just werent interested . Worst job ever .
    So , just be polite to door knockers . They have an awefull job with zero job satisfaction .
    Last edited by 1101; 01-07-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    when the door to door sellers wont take no for an answer and wont just go away, I get a bit miffed .

I hardly ever see door to door sellers or bible bashers , maybee once or twice a year . Probably they turn up when Im not home .

I just have our Large dog there by the collar -- he's growling, and I say my Hands starting to get tired Funny they dont seem to hang around long after that.

Had a couple the other day next door, they spotted me over the fence, smiled at me - then their faces dropped as my pup came out, and let them know in no certain terms he didn't like them. Funny they missed my place and went to next door
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.