Default Extending the P/E life of an SSD

Hi again. I was curious to find out about SSD's and extending their Life cycle. Googled and found some good info, with my only having started using SSD's in the computer I built a few month ago and having been Mechanical HDD user for years prior to my switch to SSD's. I read the info from this link and found it very interesting. https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/0...e-of-your-ssd/
    I will have to stop the Scheduled runs of the O&O Defrag 20 Pro that I have used for years on Mechanical HDD's because Defragging SSD's is not a good idea because it is using up the Write/Erase life-time. In fact I could uninstall it and use the Win10 Defrag on the External HDD's I have and I have decided to connect a Mechanical HDD into my computer and use it to store documents, artwork and various other files that get altered at times. I will also use the HDD I intend installing to be used to store any Downloads I may get. Not much point D'loading to the SSD only to be sending it to an external HDD for storage purposes.
    Anyway, it is all very interesting and I have to develop a new approach as to how I do things with the new Hardware I am using.
    There is one thing I would like to ask, concerning TRIM. I checked it out and found it is enabled but I noticed that when I did the Command Prompt to check if TRIM is enabled, I get it showing a Zero meaning it is Enabled, but, in parentheses it shows as being Disabled. I attach a pic of the Links showing of the Command Prompt returned info and the returned info in Command Prompt I my computer.
    There was a mention that if there is a 1 showing instead of the Zero then TRIM may not be enabled and/or the SSD Drivers may need updating. I checked in Device Manager and attempted to Update Driver for the SSD and was informed that the Best drivers for my device are installed. Well, the SSD I have is a 240GB Corsair Force MP300 M.2 NVMe and the Driver shown in Device Manager is provided by Microsoft but the date for it is 21/06/2006, Version 10.0.17763.1. That seems to be a bit old for an SSD of a year or 2 on the market. I will perhaps download the MP300 NVMe driver from Corsair, when it actually shows in the links that I have been clicking that state Corsair MP300 NVMe driver...oh dear

So what would you think is behind the Showing the SSD is TRIM enabled yet in parentheses it shows Disabled?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRIM ENABLED BUT IT SHOWS IT IS DISABLED IN PARENTHESES.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	9610  

Default Re: Extending the P/E life of an SSD

Sorry, I forgot to add signature so I do it now
    Asus Prime B450M-A./ AMD Ryzen5 2400G./ GSkill FlareX DDR4 16GB 2933 (@2400MHz.)/ Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GD5./ Corsair Force MP300 M.2 SSD./ Samsung Evo 860 500GB SSD./ Corsair HX750 PSU./ W10 x64 Pro v1809

The trim is enabled.

The command can be a little confusing unless you are aware of it. (its almost in opposite to what you first think/ read)

DisableDeleteNotify in bold --- is the gotya, 0= Enabled where as 1 = Disabled So its basically saying ( in plain English) that if its 0 it will notify.

Scroll down to DisableDeleteNotify windows-commands/fsutil-behavior

Also a bit more light reading how-to-check-if-trim-is-enabled-for-your-ssd-and-enable-it-if-it-isnt/
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The trim is enabled.

The command can be a little confusing unless you are aware of it. (its almost in opposite to what you first think/ read)

DisableDeleteNotify in bold --- is the gotya, 0= Enabled where as 1 = Disabled So its basically saying ( in plain English) that if its 0 it will notify.

Scroll down to DisableDeleteNotify windows-commands/fsutil-behavior

Also a bit more light reading how-to-check-if-trim-is-enabled-for-your-ssd-and-enable-it-if-it-isnt/
    wainuitech
    Cheers. Yeah I read where it said that TRIM is auto enabled in W10 when an SSD is used as C Drive or as a Storage drive.
    I will do some more reading and getting clued in.
    Thanks

Not much to worry about honestly, not much need to change habits. Sure don't defrag it and make sure Trim is on but that's enough.

For the kind of use that most people submit their PCs to, even heavy users, the SSD will last 10-20 years easily. Probably more.
    The fact that there are less write cycles than mechanical drives makes people a bit paranoid but it's really not an issue.

I bought one of the early 120gb intel drives when they first started becoming affordable, used it as a boot drive for a couple of years then sold it to a friend at least 4 years ago who's still using it as his main C: drive. The diagnostic tools say it's life is still at 99% health and it has to be at least 6 years old and has been in constant use. He uses his PC every day and games all night on it.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Have you got the corsair ssd software installed???
    This might be old ???
    https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/blog/t...ir-ssd-toolbox