Default Trouble installing ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 onto my pc

Hey, I'm having issues installing the ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 (ZT-T16600F-10L, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._b_asin_title_...) onto my computer (h8-1114 Desktop, *GB RAM, BIOS Version/Date AMI 7.16, 10/5,2011, 600W Power Supply). The previous card I was using was a MSI Geforce 750ti, I don't remember all the information from that. I uninstalled the previous 750ti drivers using DDU and then installed the 1660. After booting up the PC with the 1660 installed I get stuck at the HP Logo screen, where the computer beeps 4 times and then nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Trouble installing ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 onto my pc

The Beeps mean there's a hardware error someplace, could be something not seated fully /correctly. Also make sure you have the 8 pinned PCI-e power plugged into the Card, with out it it wont fire up.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The Beeps mean there's a hardware error someplace, could be something not seated fully /correctly. Also make sure you have the 8 pinned PCI-e power plugged into the Card, with out it it wont fire up.
    I have both securely seated/plugged in. I suppose I should add there is an initial single beep, which I think is the one I hear every time I start my PC normally, and then after about 20 seconds theres a beep, then a second after that 3 rapid beeps. I have a thread on Tom's Hardware asking the same question, one of the moderators there thinks it's a UEFI issue that my previous 750ti got around since it's hybrid BIOS (so that it can use Legacy like my old computer has) but my 1660 can't. If that's the case, I'm not sure what the next step is I should take.

Could be the Problem. You can try resetting the BIOS to defaults and see what happens.

But looking on the HP site, the PC was manufactured in 2011, the drivers / Bios etc are only for W7 & W8, with the last BIOS being Windows 7 version 7.16 Rev. A as you mentioned.

In a nutshell Beeps like its been described mean there's a hardware Error someplace, which could be an actual fault or incompatible.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

So if the card is incompatible, does that mean I need a new motherboard?

is this a new card?

1 long, 3 short
    Bad video RAM or video card not present

The card needs to be pushed in correctly (seated) and all power connected to it.

Also check the power requirements of the card, specifically how many amps on the 12 v rail it should have. Maybe your PSU has enough watts but not enough amps on the 12v rail. Most people don't look at that.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    is this a new card?

1 long, 3 short
    Bad video RAM or video card not present

The card needs to be pushed in correctly (seated) and all power connected to it.

Also check the power requirements of the card, specifically how many amps on the 12 v rail it should have. Maybe your PSU has enough watts but not enough amps on the 12v rail. Most people don't look at that.
    Yes it's a new card, my previous one was a 750ti. I've securely put it in the PCI-E Express port and connected the 8 pin cord to it from my power supply. I'm googling requirements on the 1660 and while I'm seeing power consumption reqs (450-watt power supply recommended, 120-watt max power consumption) I'm not seeing results for required amps on the 12v rail.

Try clearing the bios, pull the battery to be double sure..

Failing that does this HP have onboard video? check that you have plugged the video cable into the NEW card and not the onboard one..

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    Yes it's a new cardI'm not seeing results for required amps on the 12v rail.
    It needs 48 amps on the 12v.
    So you need to see if your PSU can deliver that, it should be written on it, look at the combined 12v if it has dual rails.
    Ex-pctek