Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Living allowance, livable?

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Thats something they cant do , they have to have valid reasons to get rid of him, and go through the correct process .

1)Old guy - not reliable, due to health issue. And that IS legal.
    2)Friend, they just said he's redundant. try to prove otherwise. Even if he went to Employment court - and won, it won't get him the job back.
    Ex-pctek

Bleakly Optomistic

To be honest, I wouldn't mind redundancy. I'd get 63 weeks pay, and it would give me the chance to get into a more active job, rather than just sitting in front of a screen for 8 hours a day for work, then 3 or 4 for gaming

Quote Originally Posted by the_bogan View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind redundancy. I'd get 63 weeks pay, and it would give me the chance to get into a more active job, rather than just sitting in front of a screen for 8 hours a day for work, then 3 or 4 for gaming
    Youre lucky. Most get $0 redundancy pay.

Bleakly Optomistic

Yeah, 3 weeks for each year I've been there. The downside is, IRD will take most of it in tax lol

These truck drivers must be someone like you.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Some companies seem to do split shifts , or hire as part time basically on call with a days notice of days & time you have to work.
    Split shifts would be the pitts , you have to hang around for hours , unpaid . Because no point driving home then coming back 3 hours later .
    I did almost 3 years of split shifts and they were horrible. Worked 9am to 3pm and then 7pm to 10pm three days a week. The other two days I worked were normal 8 hour days. Couldn’t really plan anything at all and the pay was rubbish. Tried to get the hours changed but management wouldn’t budge.
    Last edited by QW.; 09-05-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Redundancy these days does not mean they give you a pay out. IT's generally goodbye and no money.
    Of the 3 times I got made redundant only 1 paid me anything, and that was F&P, 1 months pay.
    Ex-pctek

When the company you work for literally has no money to pay you, then its time to leave. You dont wait for redundancy .
    I didnt get the wages owed or owed holiday pay. Just had to walk out the door .

Boss was in self-denial mode as his business slowly fell apart . He kept spending money he didnt have, on stuff the company didnt need, just racking up debts .
    I thought something wasnt right when I started the job , I didnt think they had enough sales to stay solvent . 2 years later it was all over .
    Last edited by 1101; 10-05-2019 at 11:31 AM.

When the company you work for literally has no money to pay you, then its time to leave. You dont wait for redundancy .
    I didnt get the wages owed or owed holiday pay. Just had to walk out the door .

Boss was in self-denial mode as his business slowly fell apart . He kept spending money he didnt have, on stuff the company didnt need, just racking up debts .
    I thought something wasnt right when I started the job , I didnt think they had enough sales to stay solvent . 2 years later it was all over .
    What was the industry 1101?
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

I got made redundant in 2017, fully qualified early childhood teacher............ do relief work, not got anything full time... still looking............ more time on benefit than working......... applied for so many jobs.......... get to interveiw stage...... but dont meet criteria.... not fun, budget is extremely tight....

considering looking for seasonal work to earn some $$$ and go back to teaching later, but age is not on my side anymore......... they want the young newly qualified teachers.

cant fix house, no $$, cant afford to move, cant afford to stay ....lol the best things in life...........are my kids and grandkids.......

Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.