Default W10 MS Office Outlook

Hi All
    When I open Outlook to check my mail, down at the bottom I see Send/Recieve & an empty box. This box slowly fills with black Wich I asummme something is happening. Going further nothing is coming inso it must be something going out. What could it be? Servant reporting to master for updates or something? Thanks PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Default Re: W10 MS Office Outlook

It might not be syncing with the online for some reason, OR it could be and if you have LOTS of emails can take a while to sync.

Otherwise have a read https://www.thewindowsclub.com/outlo...yncing-windows

Also check next to the black bar, check to see if it says "Work Offline."
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

I was having a similar issue just a few days ago.
    If I restarted MS Outlook any emails on the Microsoft Exchange would get delivered but any other emails after that would not get delivered even though I could see them in Outlook.Live.Com
    I even tried the Quick Repair and On Line repair of Microsoft Office but that only seemed to work for a short while.
    If you were to shut down your PC and restart it the same issue would come back.

Of course the first question to ask is what type of email address are you using?
    Does it have "Connected to Microsoft Exchange" at the bottom of the MS Outlook window (when MS Outlook is running) If it doesn't then what follows below may not apply to you
    If "Connected to Microsoft Exchange" there is a temporary fix but a better and more permanent fix is to delete the Email Account and rebuild a new one.

The Temporary fix is to go into Account settings and select the Account
    Then Click "Change"
    Ensure the "Use Cached Exchange Mode....." checkbox is ticked and then click "Next" and then in the next window click "Done"
    If you saw that the "Use Cached Exchange Mode...." is NOT grayed out then the Account was I understand created on an earlier version of MS Outlook
    In this case the best solution is to Delete the Account and create a new one as mentioned above.
    Note you will not lose any of your emails as they will get downloaded from the Microsoft Exchange again automatically

I did this myself and now have no further problems with not receiving emails (this was just 3-4 days ago)
    You will also find the "Use Cached Exchange Mode... is now permanently grayed out and your emails should work OK from now on, mine is working fine and I get 20 or more emails a day

Jedsdad. Thanks for your reply. I am now pretty sure that the moving black bar is incoming mail. If I open the Inbox immediatelly I can see the incoming downloads appearing. And yes id ddoes show "Connected to Microsoft Exchange" at the bottom. PJ
    Deafness.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

I presume then you have an Outlook.com or Outlook.co.nz address

Do you know the password for your email address this will be needed to create a new email account in MS Outlook after deleting the old account?
    Dont put it on here though just say if you have the password, but dont worry if you dont remember it we can get you to create a new password (that only you will know)

But that can come later if necessary.

Lets just check out a couple of things first:
    In MS Outlook:
    Select "File" on the Menu bar

1. In "Mailbox Settings" how much do you have free.
    This is to know if you wont have too much to download again if you need to create a new email account after deleting the old one.

2. In Account Settings click the "Account Settings" Box
    Then select "Account Name and Sync Settings"
    A small window should appear "Exchange Account Settings"
    Is the "Use Cached Exchange Mode.... sentence and checkbox grayed out or black.
    If Grayed out then you will not need to create a new email account using your existing email address.
    Just click "Next" and in the new window click "Done"

If all black then you will need to later.

As a temporary measure however you should ensure the check box is ticked
    The click "Next" and in the new window click "Done"
    This i believe will only last until you restart MS Outlook or restart you PC (Unsure which one)

So if you could answer all that and depending on your answers we will see where to from here.

Now for my walk, we pensioners need to keep active LOL

Jedsdad... Thanks but I all fine now that I have realised what the black bar means. Thanks. PJ
    Deafness.