Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool One for the Mathematicians among us.

Not too sure about the Mathematics HERE, but if they are right, “Houston We Have a Problem”!
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Default Re: One for the Mathematicians among us.

2.11 kids?
    And?

Ok, being pedantic about the .11 but 2 kids....of course....but humans have been breeding like flies for ages so we sure do have a problem.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    2.11 kids?
    And?

Ok, being pedantic about the .11 but 2 kids....of course....but humans have been breeding like flies for ages so we sure do have a problem.
    More correctly, SOME humans have been breading like flies, but as for NZ I don’t think so.

You see, when I was at school there were many families with 10 or more siblings which I could name. Now I can’t name one.

The total population was around 2M as opposed to 5M today.

Surely the difference must be Immigration?

Now I remember Winston Peters making some very pertinent points about this situation, and claiming if the trend was allowed to continue, we’d be “Tenants In Our Own Country”. But now he is in power he has done sweet nothing about it.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

No mention of China or India in there, perhaps China recognised the decline in their population and has allowed a 2 child family to emerge again.

Winston's more worried about his property investments and CGT than anything else.

lurking.

The figures would appear to show that Muslims are smarter than Europeans and so deserve to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayess64 View Post
    The figures would appear to show that Muslims are smarter than Europeans and so deserve to succeed.
    Which begs the question: "Are they really Clever, or are we really Stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Which begs the question: "Are they really Clever, or are we really Stupid?"
    I think we are all stupid, population growth is the path to disaster at this point. The world is finite, we can't grow forever. And working out just how many people can possibly fit anywhere doesn't make that a target to aim for.
    As for the Muslim issue, might be true but that's just how it goes. Civilisations rise and fall, western civilisation has been on the decline for decades. Nothing new there.

Personally I would love to see humanity grow up and abandon all religions for the childish foolishness they are, no signs of that just yet though.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    Personally I would love to see humanity grow up and abandon all religions for the childish foolishness they are, no signs of that just yet though.
    You have more chance of seeing a “Snow Fight in Hell” as ever seeing that happen.

Religion, of some Shape or Form, has been involved in every war ever fort.

Which leads me to the fact that millions worldwide, including Royalty, have offered their condolences to the Muslim Community for the terrorist attack in Christchurch, killing 50.

But I haven’t seen any Muslim remorse for the Terrorist attack on Christians in Sri Lanka killing some 300.

Maybe someone can point me to a report of their grieving?

Humility perhaps.

Does anyone know what goes on in behind Mosque attendances, we mainly see them at the kneeling stage.

Reminds me of the good Samaritan in the bible, he didn't broadcast to the world that he cared enough.

Oh boy!! I am no saint either, but love to read books by NOSTRADAMUS, Hal LINDSAY and others' about what's going on in the world.

lurking.

The problem with the video in the OP is that it makes several assumptions:

1. That having a greater muslim population in a country is automatically a bad thing.
    2. That the rates of population increase is going to continue.
    3. That the non-muslim population will be effectively obliterated.

There are also no citations to back up the basic assertions about population and immigration numbers and the sustainability of cultures.
    It is also worth pointing out that an argument could be made that all that is happening is some re-balancing. Historically the European/white/christian communities have had an assumption of superiority that is generally unjustified - one can cite any number of Arabic/muslim achievements in many fields that are not really recognized today. The numbers we us, to name just one. Also the concept of zero was independently discovered in multiple locations, none of which AFAIK were European.

Having a greater mix of ethnicities in a country can be a great thing, except for the few who see their historical power bases being eroded.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.