Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Default Re: Changes to the Firearms Act

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    It must be that bloody Super Moon last night.

Dugimodo is agreeing with me and Judith Collins with the Government.

Where will it all end.

Attachment 9479

HERE
    I normally agree with you on most things but not on restricting gun rights
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Judith may be given the job of "crushing" those firearms, rofl.

Pretty disappointed in Judith I thought she would have been gun friendly, but she is no better than the leftie commie liberals.

but back in reality,
    most gun owners will not hand there guns on until they come out with a price for the buy back.
    then it better be a decent amount because a gang down the road will pay a whole lot more for it.
    while there is honest owners, some will simply go with who ever pays.
    whats the biggest paying illegal activity that really wants guns, the P trade.
    if you think theres has been a lot of shoot outs with crims recently, wait until this buy back is done.
    nut jobs high on P and well armed. thats a well thought out plan.

btw as far as wanting to own guns etc, think about this, there is almost a "chch shooting" every single year in motorbike deaths.
    so over 30 years (time between the only two major shooting incidents in modern nz history) there is probably 20x more people killed on motorbikes than with guns.
    no one needs a motorbike. they are obviously dangerous so why havn't they banned them decades ago?
    Tweak it till it breaks

If the government was really concerned about saving us they would ban tobacco, McDonaldís and catholic priests.

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    btw as far as wanting to own guns etc, think about this, there is almost a "chch shooting" every single year in motorbike deaths.
    so over 30 years (time between the only two major shooting incidents in modern nz history) there is probably 20x more people killed on motorbikes than with guns.
    no one needs a motorbike. they are obviously dangerous so why havn't they banned them decades ago?
    Well Iíve thought about it and feel you should really be preaching to the Terrorists and convincing them that Motorbikes are the weapon of choice.

Just think how many more the Christchurch Gunman would have killed had he a Motorbike.

Doesnít bear thinking about.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    there is probably 20x more people killed on motorbikes than with guns.
    Because obviously most of those deaths are just the rider and none of them are mass killing sprees.
    It's not about what you can do to yourself, it's about what you could do to others.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Old guy

I notice that nobody is complaining about the police being armed anymore. Another point is that it is perfectly possible to kill a large number of people without using a firearm if one is deranged enough to wish to do so. Restricting access to firearms would prevent, perhaps, a spur of the moment killing but it will make no difference to anyone who plans an attack against any group well in advance.

My favourite contributor to the Whaleoil blog, Debbie (a self confessed boring accountant) has this to say:

And now our gun laws have been changed, with no consultation with groups that are genuinely interested. A couple of petitions were presented to parliament by people who have absolutely no clue about these issues, but everyone with even half a brain knows that these changes will only impact law abiding gun users. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (letís not make him special by not speaking his name, hey Jacinda?) had a Category A licence, purchased a gun and then modified it to Category E standard. In case you were in doubt, this was illegal, but he stayed within the law to obtain the weapons before they were modified, so we will all be safe now that unmodified assault weapons have been banned.
    File this under "one step forward, two back". Think knee jerk, ill thought out action by our annointed leaders.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

At least there will not be a second term commie government, a lot of silent gun owners will remember this undemocratic change to gun laws at the ballot box. God save the Queen.