Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: What's Going On In ChCh?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46 View Post
    You guys have capitol punishment? Hanging? Guillotine? Garrote?
    No.
    We have bleeding hearts, hand-wringing and wraparound services.

Turns out he was first on the scene, while shots were still going on

Here's the release from the Police Commissioner. Hopefully it will be recognised as factual, without political slant, and put to rest some of the rumours:

"UPDATE 8: Christchurch serious firearms incident"

Please attribute to Police Commissioner Mike Bush

Police continue to deal with what is an unprecedented event for New Zealand.

The loss of life and the number of those who have been injured is tragic.

As the Prime Minister has stated, this has been designated a terrorist attack.

This has been an abhorrent event and my thoughts are with all of those affected in Christchurch.

Be assured NZ Police stand with you all tonight.

We now know that 49 people have been killed in the attacks, 41 people at the Deans Avenue mosque, and seven at the Linwood Avenue mosque.

One person died in hospital.

The number of those being treated in hospital has been updated to 48 people.

A 28-year-old man has been charged with murder and is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court tomorrow morning.
    Two others remain in custody.

Another person was arrested earlier today however that was not related to these events.

This is still an ongoing situation and Police has a significant number of staff on the ground in Christchurch

We are unable at this stage to provide details about matters leading up to the attacks. It is very early days and these matters will form part of the investigation.

There is an increased Police presence across Christchurch and surrounding areas. Our priority is to keep all New Zealanders safe. There are community events planned across the country this weekend and there will be a visible Police presence at these events for safety and reassurance.

We thank the public for their ongoing co-operation and we would like to reassure members of the public that a large Police presence will remain in the city for the time being.

The safety of the community is our priority.

Police wish to notify the public of the Restoring Family Links (RFL) website where people can register missing persons or register themselves as alive.

People living in New Zealand can also register missing persons on 0800 115 019.

Information will continue to be provided as it becomes available.

Our thoughts remain with all of those affected.
    ENDS
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Here in Rightsideup Land, it's about 09:35 or so - or is as I start this comment. Be warned - this may be another one of my mini-books....... there WILL be ramblings................. (that said........)

I have been lying abed till just a few ago according to the timestamp here --- reflecting upon what I saw and heard last night, and although the carnage I saw was huge with lots of people being shot once, then shot again and then shot again if/as the moaned their last breath away, somehow I am not truly amazed.

That this act, singularly or in concert with another 'leader' or 'co-conspirator', being acted out as a coup-de-anything, is just so wrong on any civilized level that I am sure it will be with me mentally for a long time.

Truthfully, I know it will be with youse guys too - and I did not wish any of this responsibility on you.

However, now even more people can say that once the bell has been rung, it shan't be un-rung.... or words to that effect.

Somehow, the NZ zealots this AM are blaming this on the US's attitude toward the 2nd Amendment and Trump, although I fail to see the corollary.

There's a dichotomy here that nags in my mind that this is somehow - maybe - a Manchurian-Candidate type-thing - I dunnow - it's maybe just me trying to fathom out the cause and at this point - what appears to be an un-final accounting for this depravity.

Is there a "Star Chamber" or secret cult that is mucking this up? I leave that to youse guys to review and decide for yerselves. I know what I believe.

About the live broadcast of the shooting - it honestly looked to me to be a video game - albeit a very realistic one. I don't 'so' video games, so I was not shocked --- at first --- to see the bullets flying.

The vantage point from the GoPro camera was pure Hollyweird in quality, and made it look unreal and very real at the same time - understand?

There were bullets flying, people recoiling to the bullets as they hit them and then the gurgling, final hisses and pleading-for-mercy sounds of people dying. The realism of the weapon's firing and the recoil - it felt like I was actually there!

Stripping out a spent mag and inserting another and resuming fire was SO realistic! Even the misfire/hangup requiring him to re-rack the action - it too was really REAL!

OK - that was really Maudlin of me --- but I also believe this is just the tip of a huge iceberg that is about to upright itself and make all sorts of trouble, nationally - as it has been brought to youse guys now - and internationally - as it has been for quite a long time now.

What's my take-away? Things are gonna get worser and worser ---- as this unfolds to be what it turns out to be. I do not believe in any part of my heart that this is an end and it truly is an abruptly-rude awakening point --- and that the world will somehow 'stand up once having smelled the coffee' - but that's a really inadequate cliché.

Damocles has dropped - the spirit's outta the box and Pandora is laughing, I'm afraid and even though there are really good people who want to see peace and security, it has vanished now as a shadow in one's hand at midnight. Gack! ANOTHER bad- bad- bad- cliché. It seems that everyone worldwide has been visited now, by the evil that was lying just under the surface ----------------- and yet many people will not concede that it exists at all.

Others will cluck their tongues and say "Too bad, too bad. She was a mighty power.... " or words to that effect.

Aren't there some really intelligent elected people in the highest offices of the lands, saying and doing the dumbest things?
    ...How can such bright persons make such huge blunders?
    ......How could they rise to power if they weren't chosen to be in such a position?
    .........For good?
    ............For bad?
    ...............Is there some sinister plot afoot?
    ..................Is it a benign- or a really rampant cancer that has gone metastatic?

Even though some of the demon bells have been rung - there are a carillon full of them to be yet done so.

It's become primary now and it behooves everyone to realize that this system of things has failed.

As gross as this was - we ain't seen nuttin' yet!

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Interesting commentary on Liveleak.com ... and NO --- it's not the shooting video.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kslra_1552663526

No, our judges give concurrent sentences too sadly, at least the US often do the likes of 100 yrs and such.
    No-one can monitor the entire internet.
    Why doesn't Facebook have some kind of flag when people post certain phrases, to alert staff then the could forward it to authorities.

Oh wait, they don't care, it's all about money.

And yep, Aussie criminals over here, why do we accept them, we should deny them entry, Aussie will have to deport them to the middle of the ocean then.

And remember the current discussion on that NZ idiot who wants to come back from Isis? Why even discuss it? Why allow him, stuff whether he is a citizen and only a citizen of NZ>
    Leave him in the ocean too.
    Ex-pctek

Exclamation Re: What's Going On In ChCh?

Here's some of the latest goings-on here in the US:

It's called: "CARRY A GUN ON SUNDAY"

With the recent attack in New Zealand you can better believe that Islamic Extremists are planning to retaliate on White Christian's. If you are going to church then make sure that you are as well armed as you can be while still being discreet/concealed. Even if you're not going to church make sure that you are armed.
    I am every day, everywhere not forbidden by law.

Edit: Oops my bad....Sorry for the loss of life anywhere.
    Sadly, that is valid advice.

Don't condone the Kiwi shooting but the people (sic) control "faith" of Islam survives on hatred and violence. The biggest treat (sic) to the future of this country. No more Muslim immigration. Don
    Why would Sunday be diff? Most churches here in Texas simply ask to conceal. Like a proper Southern Gentleman. And the Southern Ladies too.
    I doubt there will be any immediate retaliation, they seem to pick dates that have historical significance. That said, I will dress around the bigger of the 2 guns that I carry regularly.
    While not a paranoid person, I have always viewed churches and schools as easy targets. One for our maniacs lashing out at the system, the other for religious extremists lashing out at the system.

I am fortunate that the State of Indiana does not have laws regarding carry in a church.

I don't know what to believe from New Zealand, and my prayers go out to those people impacted by the tragedy. Some are speculating the intent was to incite anger among Muslims. I am not speculating on what is true, but IF that logic is true, it would make sense for the same groups to attack the opposite group. This would ensure both sides ramped up the hatred.

Regardless, be alert, be safe, and God help us!!!
    I attend the church of “Shoot Point Blank” every Sunday. It appears that most of us are armed
    I only carry on days that end in Y so Sunday is already covered.
    On Sundays, I just try to go blue steel & walnut, rather than Tenifer & plastic (ref to Glock).
    The same. Church is a place I can carry legally, so I do as usual. Quite a few in my church do.
    I carry everyday and everywhere, and I do mean everywhere! The only thing that stops me from carrying is a metal detector and not those silly little signs or rules!
    (this guy is in Florida. USA - and the laws there are very lax about firearms)

My church has several members that carry, it has been discussed during services and no one seems to object. I’ll have to look up the article that the NYT (New York Times) wrote about our pastor for more details.
    My biggest question is, why would a mosque be called Christ Church, Muslims do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as Gods begotten Son.

I don't think this was an attack on Muslims, I think this was an attack on Christian Arabs. If they were Muslims then it could be Muslims attacking Muslims to try to provoke a war, which would be a huge mistake on their part!
    (sorry for this post ^ - he got ChCh mixed up with a church having Christ in the name on the door.)

Not only will I be armed this Sunday, but I am shooting action pistol in the morning and doing volunteer RSO work in the afternoon.
    (this guy appears to be a cop in Arizona)

Dont forget that 26 people were killed in a church in Texas 2 years ago and not a single person was carrying.
    We have a group of people at our church who come armed and rotate security duties. I am always armed, but don't take a turn in the rotation because I am always on the piano. I've been carrying to church for decades.

I know I'll get screamed at for this, but I have known some very kind and nice people of the Muslim faith. That faith has problems with its extremist wings, but that is not exclusive to the Muslim faith. It might be a bigger wing than other religions, but it is still not all Muslims.
    Quigley said: ↑

Dont forget that 26 people were killed in a church in Texas 2 years ago and not a single person was carrying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

True, but they might have that "small town mentallity"(sic) that everybody's safe here. I can't say one way or another. But I carry.

poodleplumber said: ↑

That faith has problems with its extremist wings, but that is not exclusive to the Muslim faith. It might be a bigger wing than other religions, but it is still not all Muslims.

Like Dennis Miller asked, when are the moderates going to call for a fatwa on the extremists?

And why do these refugees come to Christian countries instead of their m.e. cousin countries?
    Amid more and more calls for sharia law in muss cities right here?
    Dad was a Deacon, and taught adult Bible studies for decades. Loved his Church, and served wherever he could. He lived to 85 years old, and never owned a gun. He was good with his fists though, and loved a good scrap. Thanks for letting me share.

lazarus66 said: ↑

That is cool and I'm glad that your dad loved the Lord but those fists wouldnt have done him much good in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    (Texas again)

Me here ----> these posts are from GlockTalk dot com, and although most of the people on that site are conservative, there IS a pretty radical right-wing element to it. I watch this group closely and I honestly believe that this - like I said a while back - is just the tip of a revolutionary iceberg - "revolutionary' being the operative there.

It's good to know from whence the enemy comes and to try to recognize who/whom he/she is.HOWEVER ---> I try to not get swept up in the hysteria, as I know things are going to get much worse and I am not want to be a cataloged member of any group at all.

I have a place I go to........ it incenses some in both hemispheres.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    No, our judges give concurrent sentences too sadly, at least the US often do the likes of 100 yrs and such.
    No-one can monitor the entire internet.
    Why doesn't Facebook have some kind of flag when people post certain phrases, to alert staff then the could forward it to authorities.

Oh wait, they don't care, it's all about money.

And yep, Aussie criminals over here, why do we accept them, we should deny them entry, Aussie will have to deport them to the middle of the ocean then.

And remember the current discussion on that NZ idiot who wants to come back from Isis? Why even discuss it? Why allow him, stuff whether he is a citizen and only a citizen of NZ>
    Leave him in the ocean too.
    I'm actually with you --- to a point. Imagine that!

For any nation that prides it's beginnings from a Judea-Christian basic belief standard - it refuses to destroy those who kill.

It's simple - if any organization proffers that it adheres to those standards, how then can there be gads of criminals on Death Row, awaiting execution ---> for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    Guns do not suck at all. People who misuse them do.
    Try entering a mosque and mass killing people with just a baseball bat or knife.
    You might succeed getting a few, but certainly not 49 in a few minutes.
    Ex-pctek

I really struggle to believe that anyone can truly feel justified in planning to mass murder people.

All it can really be within their minds is a sick fetish. Calling it terrorism gives it some sense of purpose and pseudo credibility that surely can't be real. It's a kill fetish, not an attempt to correct any wrongs or to awaken the masses.

These sick ####### don't really have any purpose, they're just indulging their own sick death fetish / power fetish. It is a form of self indulgence. Any othe language they use to try to justify it is merely a smokescreen they use. They're sick, and they know it.