Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Re: What's Going On In ChCh?

LOL
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Bob Jones gives his view on the matter.

HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

HERE
    Brilliant! I didn't know until now, our National Treasure had his own blog and as a long standing fan of his, I'll be following it.

Thanks, BM
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

HERE
    Genius!

When I can figure out how to subscribe to his blog I'll be following it.

VoidMaster

Bob Jones, the cantankerous curmudgeon.

bad-tempered, irascible, irritable, grumpy, grouchy, crotchety, tetchy, testy, crusty, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, ill-natured, ill-humoured, peevish, cross, as cross as two sticks, fractious, disagreeable, pettish, crabbed, crabby, waspish, prickly, peppery, touchy, scratchy, splenetic, shrewish, short-tempered, hot-tempered, quick-tempered, dyspeptic, choleric, bilious, liverish, cross-grained; argumentative, quarrelsome, uncooperative, contrary, perverse, difficult, awkward;
    informal snappish, snappy, chippy, on a short fuse, short-fused;
    informal shirty, stroppy, narky, ratty, eggy, like a bear with a sore head;
    informal cranky, ornery, peckish, soreheaded;
    informal snaky

All valid.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-03-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

bad-tempered, irascible, irritable, grumpy, grouchy, crotchety, tetchy, testy, crusty, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, ill-natured, ill-humoured, peevish, cross, as cross as two sticks, fractious, disagreeable, pettish, crabbed, crabby, waspish, prickly, peppery, touchy, scratchy, splenetic, shrewish, short-tempered, hot-tempered, quick-tempered, dyspeptic, choleric, bilious, liverish, cross-grained; argumentative, quarrelsome, uncooperative, contrary, perverse, difficult, awkward;
    informal snaky

All valid.
    And a National Treasure

informal snaky
    Describes me to a T. How did you know?

VoidMaster

Better to view the world like an enlightened child rather than a bitter and twisted jaded old man with no sense of humour, probably will live longer as well, can't be good for the body to have a mind that's always saying f... everything.

Better to view the world like an enlightened child rather than a bitter and twisted jaded old man with no sense of humour, probably will live longer as well, can't be good for the body to have a mind that's always saying f... everything.
    Jones has one of the most brilliantly funny minds and way of expressing himself you can ever hope to be entertained by. Sometimes a George Carlin-like acerbic wit, his is not the kindergarten, in-your-face teen or American humour, pub type crassness. Rather, clever wit supported by a enviable (for most of us) command of the language. Certainly not the wit one has to explain the meaning of to lesser intellects.

I wonder in this interchange just who is the "bitter and twisted jaded old man"?

PS Sir Bob, my bank account number is unchanged from last time I leapt to your defence
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

VoidMaster

I just take one look at the expression on his face and I know he's not where it's at, he looks demented and he's said that very word about a picture that was taken of him sometime back, complaining that the photographer had caught him at a bad time but that's the impression I get whenever I see him.

If he were the last person on Earth I wouldn't hang round with him.

The sense of humour that is absent from his mentality is the ability to laugh the whole thing off and say that's life. He gets genuinely involved and angry about things that don't matter really and although I'll grant you he has an acerbic wit at times he doesn't give me a sense of detachment like Roger Ebert for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ebert
    Last edited by zqwerty; 29-03-2019 at 09:36 AM.